Adding new cameras to Foundation Package

tvining

Adding new cameras to Foundation Package

Post by tvining »

I plan to purchase 2 more cameras to add to my 6-camera Foundation package. Are there any technical considerations to this? That is, do I/you guys need to do anything special to make them work with my existing system, or can I just buy them and hook them up?

Thanks--Tim
bsteagal

Re: Adding new cameras to Foundation Package

Post by bsteagal »

Tim:

Glad to hear you bought the 6 cameras! There's nothing to do to add 2 more.... just plug in and go...

Bryan
Bryan Steagall
Owner
Kidz Korner Studio
OptiTrack Distributor
Mexico, Central and South America
505-615-2410
bryan@kkstudio.us
www.kkstudio.us
tvining

Post by tvining »

Thanks, Bryan! The initial setup of the system was relatively simple, but I found that my room (14'x14') was too small for the 6-cameras-in-a-circle setup. A little measuring, and remembering my my high school geometry, revealed that cameras set in the corners would allow the cameras to be much farther apart in the same room, and a bit of testing seemed to prove it, but I'll need the two more even to do a full test of the system. Wish me luck!

--Tim
bsteagal

Post by bsteagal »

Tim:

Your space is not much smaller than what I have...and yes, I found out the same, mounted high up on the walls seems to work much better than the standard circular setup. But why can't you test with the 6? I operated with just 6 for many months without much of an issue...
Bryan Steagall
Owner
Kidz Korner Studio
OptiTrack Distributor
Mexico, Central and South America
505-615-2410
bryan@kkstudio.us
www.kkstudio.us
tvining

Post by tvining »

When I set up in a circle at 14' the capture volume was really small--I'm thinking there's a exponential drop off in volume with distance rather than a linear one. When I moved the cameras out to the corners of the 14' space, then they were 18' apart rather than 14', and covered substantially more volume, but 6 is too few for that kind of setup. I have 2 more cameras on the way, so I'll hopefully get to go for a full test within the week.