Brightness

jhjeon82

Brightness

Post by jhjeon82 »

Hi,

While calibrating with Point Cloud Calibration Tool, we can see preview screens. One of my cameras is too bright relatively in that screen, and actually it's bright seeing that it can see markers even in "0" illumination. In "15" illumination which is also called strobe mode, it can even see walls as a marker. So I cannot use it with other cameras. I tried many settings in Point Cloud Calibration Tool, but nothing was changed. What would be the problem for this camera?

Thanks,
VincentG

Re: Brightness

Post by VincentG »

Can you send us screen shots of the preview screen?

If you switch cameras around, doe the issue follow the camera?
Birch

Post by Birch »

It sounds like the camera is at a close range to some of the objects in its field of view. Keep the IR LED intensity at 15 and try dropping the exposure really low - between 3 and 15.

Please see this post for a detailed explanation of adjusting the camera exposure and illumination settings.
jhjeon82

Post by jhjeon82 »

I'm adding cameras one by one to the final geometry I imagined. The camera is the last one among 12, so I know the camera is different from others. It was not at a close range to any objects. But the brightness in the preview pane was really really different, and it recognized many ordinary environments as markers. Even though there could be performance differences between products, this doesn't seem to be that problem. It's too much, so I'm suspecting some kinds of settings that can be done by SDK. Do you have any ideas?
jhjeon82

Post by jhjeon82 »

It recognizes everything without problems except that it sees too brightly and consequently too many objects. I'll send screen shots tomorrow.
Birch

Post by Birch »

Does it exhibit this issue even after it and the camera before it in the sync chain have been powered down and up again (unplugged from usb)?

Is there a change in behavior from sync cable connected versus sync cable not connected?

Also, have you tried swapping its location in the sync chain?
jhjeon82

Post by jhjeon82 »

It's same in USB hub and USB slot.
Should it be in the sync chain? Preview panes are not working with 12 cameras, so I have to disconnect some in the middle to see preview screens.

Anyway, I sent an e-mail with screenshots.
Jim

Post by Jim »

Hello:

A screen shot would help a lot here, but it could just be a camera that has something wrong with it, especially if all 11 of your other cameras work as expected.

FYI: ALL USB cameras should be hooked up in the Sync chain, always. That will give you the best data and make your life much easier. Sync only happens over this cable, having them on the same USB hub really doesn't do anything. Sync is critical to good performance.
jhjeon82

Post by jhjeon82 »

Yes, I know and I use sync cables for all.
The only time I'm doing without sync cables is when I see preview screens specifically. I don't know why, but preview screens are not activated when 12 cameras are connected. So I disconnect "USB cables" for some cameras temporarily and see preview screens. 12 cameras are connected by sync cables, but when I disconnect some USB cables, cameras can be regarded as not connected with sync cables. It's what I meant before. Obviously, every camera is connected by sync cables when I start waving wands.

added: While I'm doing with 11 cameras, (5 in one hub, and 6 in another hub), Calibration Tool often crashes with warning window that says "please do not connect or disconnect cameras...". But I don't touch any cables. After it crashes, there are USB-connecting sounds again. What would be the reason for this? I suffered this when I was using 4 & 7 in each hub, so I distributed to 5 & 6, but still the problem exists.
Last edited by jhjeon82 on Fri May 23, 2008 1:58 pm, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: added
Jim

Post by Jim »

Hello:

Not sure of the connection issue. I know we have some emails from you about the brightness issue, I believe that is now being resolved over email.