question about camera`s postion

waiting

question about camera`s postion

Post by waiting »

first, thanks for your great product.
I am a student in Japan. We use your [Point Cloud Toolkit] and 6-camera for getting motion capture data.
But i have a question for camera`s postion. If I setup the camera the same as your Recommended Camera Setups like this figer Image , the camera will see each other in theirselves preview scene, and then the [Point Cloud Toolkit]`s wand capture step can not carry on.
Would you tell me how to do that ?
VincentG

Re: question about camera`s postion

Post by VincentG »

Actually, in that setup the cameras are mounted at 8' or higher, and pointed towards the center, waist high, so they are actually angled down, thereby eliminating the view if the other camera LED rings.
waiting

Post by waiting »

I see, my tripods' height is not enough.
anther problem I want to say.
we want to use 13 mark in human body for motion capture, but because the capture volume was not enough, we have to reduce the mark to 6.
the scene will see 6-mark in forepart, but several mark were disappear when the body motion. and the data which gained from software is mixed each other. I can not use that data at all.
would you have any suggestion for me ?
thank you very much!
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

What is causing the markers to be lost?

How do you have the cameras currently setup?

Have you tried adding blocking regions to the camera views to block the areas where cameras can see each other?
waiting

Post by waiting »

thanks to you respond.
I don't know the reason that the markers to be lost.
when the body is stationary all of the markers viewable,
but when the mothion start, part of the markers to be lost, so I try my best to slow down the mothion but their also some of markers can't viewable.
I want to get the mothion's 3D coordinates to build 3D model.
But the 3D coordinates which I got from the [point cloud toolkit], are mixed each other and lost a lot.I can't use that.
And now my 6-cameras setup is like a semicircle, and the high of the cameras is identical like a man's tall.
I don't think I adding anything blocking regions to the camera views. My cameras setup now is not see each other. I think maybe the software's problem to mothion capture. So I suggest my professor to buy the ARENA do mothion capture, but my professor not sure whether the ARENA is the same as point cloud toolkit and whether the problem is my camera's setup. we just need the point's coordinates.
I think if you have the crippleware of arena, and I want to try whether it useful to our study.
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

Can you send me copies of your calibration files, as well as data capture?

What version of the software are you using?

What is the size of your setup?

What size markers?
Birch

Post by Birch »

[quote=waiting]thanks to you respond.
I want to get the mothion's 3D coordinates to build 3D model.
But the 3D coordinates which I got from the [point cloud toolkit], are mixed each other and lost a lot.I can't use that.
[/quote]

The Point Cloud software only delivers a cloud of un-tracked 3D points for each frame. Identifying and tracking the markers reliably between frames can be challenging due to occlusion and trajectory.

Our Rigid Body software can be used to track markers grouped into (fixed-shape) 3+ clusters between frames. Or, our Arena software can be used, it solves tracking markers between frames by using a combination of rigid bodies and a skeleton structure.

If you wish to use our software for tracking, the package which would work best is going to depend on your project requirements. Arena would deliver the best tracking for a human with markers as long as the strict marker set it uses is acceptable. Otherwise, the Rigid Body software might be a better solution.
waiting

Post by waiting »

To NaturalPoint - Birch Zimmer:
thanks for you advice.I think the Arena will solve my problem,
but my professor not sure that, after all it not inexpensive.
If you have the probational license to trying it a little time, and I want to try whether the problem is my camera's setup,and show it to my professor.