Arena track editing documentation?

LukeM24

Arena track editing documentation?

Post by LukeM24 »

Hello.
we've recently started using our new 12 camera system.
We're recording actors doing some acrobatic movements which involves things like forward roles. With our actors doing such hunched and complex moves, the tracking gets very 'confused', and while at the end of the move I can see the markers clearly where they should be, the skeleton is totally deformed.

Looking at the tracks it's clear to see where it's getting confused, long gaps occurring and some 49 unlabeled tracks appearing within.

All I can find on the editing tools is the one 5 minute ish video tutorial, which seems to state the only tools I have available are swap, fill and smooth tools. Is there not a way of actually telling it "this track should fill it's gap with this unlabeled track" or "this track connects to this track"?
Are there any more detailed documentation out there?
Jim

Re: Arena track editing documentation?

Post by Jim »

Hello:

We have upgraded the track editing tools since that video was created, you can now label tracks and connect them together. This functionality exists in the latest release, but is not documented well.

We are working to upgrade our documentation now, we are aware that it is a shortcoming of the system, but we develop the software quickly, and documentation seems to always lag.

Can you find this feature in your current 1.4 version?
LukeM24

Post by LukeM24 »

So basically I need to rename the unlabeled track to match the labeled one I want to connect it to first then fill the gaps?
yoshi

Post by yoshi »

Here is a video of track labeling feature, showing how to label Unlabeld1 track as RShin2 track:
http://media.naturalpoint.com/ftp/npupl ... beling.wmv