Error starting cameras

evaltuille

Error starting cameras

Post by evaltuille »

Hello,

i've got a system with four Flex V100 cameras installed on them. I have developed an application that works fine with the OptiTrack_1.1.033.final.b.exe sdk; the just problem is that sometimes, one of the cameras is not dettected when the pc gets on and the application didn't recognized it (it works like a windows service) at firt so i have to restart the service manually.

I've tried with the new sdk, OptiTrack_1.3.035.exe, but now, a lot of times, the cameras doesn't work and some of them begin to turn on, turn off the leds all the times.

Do you know what the problem is? is there any new firmware for the cameras to install on them?

Thanks a lot.
VincentG

Re: Error starting cameras

Post by VincentG »

Are you connecting the cameras directly to the PC, or using a hub?

If using a hub, what type?

If you change the camera configuration, does the issue follow a particular camera?
evaltuille

Post by evaltuille »

hello,

i'm connecting the cameras to a hub, a D-Link hub with four ports (the same as you recommend in your web page). To connect the hub to the pc, i use an active extensor 2.0 but i don't know the model; the problem is that with the last version of the SDK, we didn�t have this problem and now yes... have you got any idea of why?

at the start of the application it configures all the cameras with the same configuration and i have never saw any problem with this.

thanks a lot
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

So this only occurs with the latest SDK?
evaltuille

Post by evaltuille »

yes; i have not tried with the other version (1.1.034), just with the 1.1.033 and the 1.1.035
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

Is the service set to run at startup?
evaltuille

Post by evaltuille »

the service is configurated like automatic, so it starts with windows
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

Does it work, if you start the process/servoice manually, after loading Windows?
evaltuille

Post by evaltuille »

i have no tried; but the main problem i think is that the cameras doesn't work until i quit the voltage to the hub completley, restarting the computer is not enough.

thanks for all