Flickering problems in calibration

SunGS

Flickering problems in calibration

Post by SunGS »

Hi all,

I am having a really hard time trying to calibrate my facecap setup. I have been at it for a week and still it does not work. My main problem is flickering of unwanted points.

In the camera preview in the calibration wizard, All the camera boxes are gray letting me know nothing is in the scene. This is true for all intensities below 8 (thresh=155). There is nothing in my scene from threshold 58- 253. I get good/great calibration results. However when I go to setup ground plane all these unwanted points pop into the camera. Also when I play my scene from the capture and edit bar, all these unwanted points come in the picture (flickering in and out). There is never a stable marker count.

I have the cameras in a traditional expression setup, 2 feet from subject, 2 feet from each other. They all point at the subject. The background is a white wall. When I take the intensity above 7, circular points start appearing on the wall. I am thinking the only solution is operating the arena cameras is in some sort of black box area, where the walls are all black. But from the tutorial and others experience, I don't think this is a necessity.

Does anyone have any suggestions to this? Could really use any advice.
SunGS

Re: Flickering problems in calibration

Post by SunGS »

PS. its really bad sometimes even when intensity is at 2. There are 194 point cloud detected however you can't see them in the scene. They are the likely cause of the flickering though.
SunGS

Post by SunGS »

I have tried putting a dark diffuse cloth to cover the wall but I am still experiencing same amount of flickering.

I have also re-synched and re-connected all my hubs and cables in case it was a problem with the connection. However the problem still remains.

Has anyone had similar problems to this? What kind of background setup do you guys have that diminished flickering? Really could use some help.
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

Answering via email
russfrancis

Post by russfrancis »

Vincent, could you send that to me as well. I am not having as many problems as SunGS is but I would like as much advice as possible on getting the best setup with the 7 camera system. (calibration, positioning, floor square positioning etc) A lot of the stuff currently online is a bit inconsistent ie. you have a way to setup the cameras but what you show at Siggraph looks quite different.

Thanks!
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

If you could send to support images of your current setup, I can take a look, and offer some suggestions.