Shivering Skeleton

ckdas.bcs

Shivering Skeleton

Post by ckdas.bcs »

Parts of the skeleton shivers, like the hands, the head and other parts.

When I looked at the markers in Arena, they all had a constant jitter.

Again in certain days it does not.

What causes this problem and what's the proper fix.
jeremyaker

Re: Shivering Skeleton

Post by jeremyaker »

I haven't done anything with a full skeleton yet, just rigid bodies but, markers are markers right. First, obviously, is to make sure you've got a good calibration. If you haven't calibrated in several days, it's probably a good idea to recalibrate.

Also, and equally obvious, is to make sure there's nothing else reflective in view of any camera. Things like belt buckles, glasses, and especially athletic shoes with reflectors can wreck havoc. Also, playing with the brightness of the IR LED's (Camera Settings -> Intensity) can help with those.

Even with a good calibration and no noise in any of the cameras, I do occasionally get a lot of marker jiggle. When that happens I move my rigid body out of the capture volume for a few seconds, then move it back in. The jitters usually go away.

HTH
ProjectPalitoy

Re: Shivering Skeleton

Post by ProjectPalitoy »

Yep

All of the above. If youhave the cameras mounted on camera stands, and your floor is a wooden floating floor, you may be seeing the effects of vibrations from the actors working their way up the stand to the camera. even a couple of mm of movement will give you that jitter.

Also, has the coating on the markers been compromised from poor handling?

Step out, step in and CTRL R normally gets me back to a good rig.