Changing lense in FLEX:V100R2-FS

evaltuille

Changing lense in FLEX:V100R2-FS

Post by evaltuille »

Hello,

I'm looking to buy your new model FLEX:V100R2-FS because is great fro my application; i want to use visible light to calibrate the cameras but use IR in my application. the question is that i want to change the lense because i need a smaller FOV. The lenses i have find are this: 55-573 form Edmund Optics:

http://www.edmundoptics.com/onlinecatal ... tartRow=21

Do you think they will work properly with both wavelength and the calibration from the visible light will be right for the IR mode?

Thanks a lot
Jim

Re: Changing lense in FLEX:V100R2-FS

Post by Jim »

Hello:

You will use Visible light to calibrate using your own calibration methods, by accessing the image directly via our SDK? Just want to make sure I understand that.

We do have stock 5.5mm lenses that we sell, but that might not work for your FOV requirement.

This lens will work to some degree, but there are a few issues:
- It looks like it should fit the case and M12 lens holder that we have in the camera, I looked at the dimensions and I think it will be fine.
- The lens is not polychromatic, meaning that there will be a focus shift from visible to IR light. This might be a problem, but it could be fine, up to you.
- The lens is not wide band antireflective coated, meaning the IR transmission will be up to 50% less than our stock lenses. This could also be fine, depends on how much light you have to deal with.

So, overall, I think it is worth a try for sure, it is dependent on your application.