How to plug Shutter Glasses with OptiHub?

debarjo

How to plug Shutter Glasses with OptiHub?

Post by debarjo »

Hello,

I recently bought an OptiHub to enable stereoscopic visualization using StereoGraphics CristalEyes combined with head tracking using our Natural Point 10 cameras setup. I would like to know how I can wire and plug this together. Our graphic boards is a NVidia Quadro with a Mini DIN 3 output for the stereo signal. We use an Stereographics E2 Emitter (also using a mini din 3 connector). Is there some cable to plug it to the OptiHUB, or should I create the cable.

The OptiHub receives a BNC connector for the External Sync IN, should I create a mini din 3 cable to plug in the graphic card and send to the emitter with a derivation using a BNC connector to plug into the OptiHub.
Could you please inform me about the correct wiring and pin assigment?

The documentation of the OptiHub mention that you are compatible with these shutter glasses, that why we bought this equipment even with a setup using the old cameras (not V2).

Could you please help me?

Best Regards,

Bruno Araujo
wing

Re: How to plug Shutter Glasses with OptiHub?

Post by wing »

Usually the vendor of the stereo-glasses emitter will supply the Mini-DIN cable that connects up the video card, and BNC on the other end to connect to the emitter/OptiHub.

You can order it here:
http://www.vrlogic.com/html/stereograph ... html#cable

You can make your own here:
http://www.stereo3d.com/vesa3.htm
Connect DIN-Pin3 to BNC-Center, and DIN-Pin2 to BNC-Shield.

You'll need to provide your own 50-ohm BNC-to-BNC (male x2) cable to from the OptiHub to the emitter. You can buy that from any electronics supplier, such as Digikey or Mouser.
debarjo

Post by debarjo »

Hi,

Thanks for the answer and the pinout information,

So the best is to use adapters regarding the mini Din 3 to BNC connectors and then I should use 50 ohm BNC-to-BNC cables.

Is there some cable length restriction? Since the OptiHub is in the ceiling. I will need at least 3 meters from the computer to the Optihub and 3 meters from the Optihub to the emiter.
Should I be worried about the length?

Best Regards,

Bruno Araujo
wing

Post by wing »

3m on each cable will not be a problem.