UPPER BODY skeleton (plus fingers)

stepadou

UPPER BODY skeleton (plus fingers)

Post by stepadou »

Hello.

We have an 8-camera system in our lab and I want to record people sitting on the floor and talking/singing.
The setup is:
- 4 cameras in a circular rig at appr. 1m height and
- 4 cameras in the front, 2 of which at 1.5m and another 2 very low,close to the floor.

I need to record only UPPER BODY movements (plus FINGERS, if possible).
Is there any way to do that in Arena? When I try to fit a skeleton, it fits the points into a whole, standing skeleton!
If not, is there any other way to do it?

Thanks a lot!

Best,
Stella
VincentG

Re: UPPER BODY skeleton (plus fingers)

Post by VincentG »

How large is the setup area in general? length wise.

You can do partial skeletons, within arena, but you must include the hip markers.
smalldot

Post by smalldot »

hello

I want to track fingers too.. in a skeleton if possible (because I have Arena 1.5.0 version software), is this possible?

In Skeleton Setup Wizard -> edit existing template -> when I try to load a template skl file from my personal files, I get this error: "An attemp was made to access an unnamed file past its end"

Can you please explain to me, what this means?

many many thx
yoshi

Post by yoshi »

Tracking of fingers is not supported at this time. You could try capturing with finger markers on but you'll need to manually label the trajectories in edit mode.
smalldot

Post by smalldot »

Thanks a lot for your answer. I'll bother you

1. So that's why I cannot load another template *.skl file?

2. I just give them names?
and after that, can I stream those finger markers? (those finger markers don't have actually a rigid body/skeleton attached..)
In NatNet.. this type of markers are those "other markers"? I ask you because I tried to stream a rigid body formed by 3 markers, and another 3 markers placed on fingers. In NatNet Sample Client I see only those markers from rigid body and Other markers = 0. I thought those other markers are those markers that are not attached to a rigid body/skeleton.. or.. I was wrong?

Best regards and thx a lot for your help
stepadou

Post by stepadou »

Hi, Vincent.
It should of about 4m diameter.
I have tried to include the heaps, but Arena still fits a full skeleton. Could you please explain how I can change this?

Hi, Laura.
I think we are having the same issues. I also want upper-body tracking plus fingers.
I don't know yet how you can add additional markers to a skeleton or how you can make your own skeleton template - can you explain?
For the fingers I was thinking of using the little facial adhesive markers - place 3 of them on each fingernail.

Best,
Stella
DonBurroni

Post by DonBurroni »

Hi Stella,
next to the local/world space tab, is a button called 'assign object', if you have it selected, you can put an extra markers on the actors suit, and link it to a bone. (i think you select both bone and marker with shift of CTRL, you will know when you have done it, the marker number will increase,

You can also delete markers with this button to, just select the marker and hit delete, after you have deleted the leg markers, export you skeleton file/marker set, hope that helps

All the best
Burroni,

ps I really want to see those fingers!!
smalldot

Post by smalldot »

I used the 'assign' option, but the 'markers assigned' are seen as part of the rigid body I clicked for assign, and are seen quite fixed to that rigid body (the palm in my case), and the fingers are not so fixed to the palm part..

I was thinking of the idea of using a partial skeleton, with extra markers for fingers. I was thinking that I can stream the skeleton/rigid bodies data and those unknown finger markers data (that are not attached to the skeleton)too..

and in NatNet Sampleclient those unknown finger markers will be those "other markers" , but when I did so... those other markers are not seen ("Other markers count = 0)

Some help here.. will really help :)
any idea of what we do wrong or what can we do in this case of tracking fingers too, (using Arena sofwtare) is welcomed

best to you all
Laura

p.s. me too!! :)
smalldot

Post by smalldot »

Yoshi: that edit mode (manually label the trajectories) is not real-time streaming fingers data... :(
yoshi

Post by yoshi »

Laura,

As mentioned above, finger tracking is not supported by current version of Arena. If you are trying to stream the labeled finger markers to external app in real time during capture, it is not possible.

However you might be able to stream the finger data after you trajectorize them, label them manually, and fix swaps.

If you can send the .pt2 and .skl files with finger markers on to support@naturalpoint.com, I can take a look.