Hardware Key Issues

jonchiew

Hardware Key Issues

Post by jonchiew »

Hi

i am using VCS Maya Plugin on a seperate machine from Tracking Tools running on a dedicated machine with hardware key plugged in. It was connecting ok at first (althou it takes 17 sec to get the green light) but now I am getting the error message that says it cannot find the license. Anyone knows why it does that?

Is it possible to do Arena and Tracking Tools at the same time(on seprate computers) with 1 hardware key? As i want to do both Facial motion capture and VCS. I have 12 cameras, so i can divide them (6 for Arena Expression, 6 for VCS) into 2 groups performing this 2 tasks.

Re: Hardware Key Issues

Post by VincentG »

Well if each application is tied to the same hardware key, then they couldn't run at the same time, as each application would need access to the hardware key itself.

If you are looking to capture the body motion, and the vcs motion, within the same capture volume, you could just use the Arena software, with the maya plugin you currently have.

As for the network connection issues. Is this across a private network connection, or on your locations internal computer network?

Do you have the IP address of the server PC entered into the plugin settings?

Any firewall/network applications running to filter network connections?
jonchiew

Post by jonchiew »

Hi

Re:
"As for the network connection issues. Is this across a private network connection, or on your locations internal computer network?"

Its on our computer network.

"Do you have the IP address of the server PC entered into the plugin settings?"

Yes.

"Any firewall/network applications running to filter network connections?"

Nope.

ok, my network is setup as following:
The Maya PC and Tracking Tools PC are connected to the same Gigabit switch that linked to the 2 POE switches (that connected to the S250e cameras).
jonchiew

Post by jonchiew »

Hi Support,

I am still getting the "Cannot find license Error 6" for this issue.

Jon
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

This configuration should work, but it is definitely not recommended. In order to maintain the best camera-to-camera synchronization, the camera network needs to be isolated from any other general purpose network.