OPTIHUB

genetunik

OPTIHUB

Post by genetunik »

Hi,
I have a question about the optihub (used with the R1 cameras and rigid body toolkit / SDK).
I know that the Optihub allows me to sync my cameras with a peripheral device. However, I am curious if I also have the ability to start-stop acquiring (and saving) camera data based on external triggers. For example, if I want to collect 100 discrete trials (events) in an experiment, each trial being 3 seconds in duration BUT, I want to control the time at which data collection for each trial begins. Ultimately the goal is to have the data of each trial either saved to a separate file (automatically) or if this is not possible to have a 'flag' inserted in to the data at each external trigger throughout data collection.

Basically, I need a way of 'marking' discrete events in my data during data collection (either by saving as separate files or within a single file)... Is this possible ?

Thanks,
Gene
NaturalPoint - Mike

Re: OPTIHUB

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

Hello Genetunik -

After speaking with our developers, they came to the conclusion that this is possible with a good amount of work into it. To quote our one of our developers on the project:
Basically, to do this they can provide a rising edge for each frame they want to capture. IE. clock signal at the capture rate they want followed by time where there is no clock signal between trials. We don't have a way for that data to be separated into separate files, but for something like this it's not unreasonable to assume they would have to do at least some programming or data parsing on their end.
I hope that's able to answer at least the initial question, and if you need assistance moving forward with this project, please don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks -
ml-7

Re: OPTIHUB

Post by ml-7 »

Hi,
I also use OptiHub and need some sync signal.
I use National Instruments USB-6009 to record in Motive additional analog square peak to sync other hardware, e.g. EMG recorder.
I did not find a way to sync all automatically.

Regards,
Michal