Syinc with force plate AMTI and Optitrack

isavelar

Syinc with force plate AMTI and Optitrack

Post by isavelar »

Good Morning!!!

I have a system of cameras of your company and I also have two AMTI force platforms and would like the ability to synchronize the two systems, the possibility?
I hope the return
NaturalPoint - Mike

Re: Syinc with force plate AMTI and Optitrack

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

Possible, yes. However you will be in for some development work. V100R2 cameras can sync via a device we make called the OptiHub. The OptiHub features a sync in and sync out port that allows hardware synchronization to third party devices. Software will be a bit more involved, as we do have an API and several SDKs available, however significant development would be required on your part to integrate properly. We are, however, more than willing to answer questions and help where we can if you decide to do this.

Thanks!
urbanolu

Post by urbanolu »

Hi everyone,

We have two AMTI AccuGait force plates at our gait lab, along with 12 V100R1 cameras and one OptiHub. We have managed to synchronize both systems by using the following procedure:

1. Set both systems (cameras and force plates) to use a 100 Hz sampling frequency.
2. Connect the sync out port of the OptiHub (BNC) to the trigger in port of the AMTI PJB-101 box (RCA).
3. In the AMTI NetForce software, set external source (rising edge) as trigger method.
4. In the Arena software, adjust the camera synchronization settings as follows:
-OptiHub Sync Control: Custom Synchronization.
-Sync Mode: Wired-Sync (R1 cameras lack the OptiSync feature).
-Pulse Type: Recording Level.
-Polarity: Active Low.

As soon as Arena starts recording, the OptiHub will output a constant voltage through the sync out port, which triggers the force capture if the NetForce trigger is armed. Obviously, this does not synchronize every frame, just the capture startup. We have checked the synchronization by attaching a marker to a soft hammer and hitting the plates, then verifying that the force and trajectory peaks coincide in time.

I hope this helps...
fequalsma21

Post by fequalsma21 »

Thanks @Urbanolu for those settings. I'm using an AMTI OR6-7 series force plate and have purchased an esync to be used with a bank of s250e cameras. In Arena (v.1.800) I seem to keep getting an error message (see attached picture). Any chance you have seen that before?

Thanks,
Jeev
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (252.6 KiB) Viewed 7949 times
Luisa

Post by Luisa »

Hi everyone,
do you know if this is possible with Motive (Flex3 cameras)?

Thanks,
Luisa

urbanolu wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:09 am Hi everyone,

We have two AMTI AccuGait force plates at our gait lab, along with 12 V100R1 cameras and one OptiHub. We have managed to synchronize both systems by using the following procedure:

1. Set both systems (cameras and force plates) to use a 100 Hz sampling frequency.
2. Connect the sync out port of the OptiHub (BNC) to the trigger in port of the AMTI PJB-101 box (RCA).
3. In the AMTI NetForce software, set external source (rising edge) as trigger method.
4. In the Arena software, adjust the camera synchronization settings as follows:
-OptiHub Sync Control: Custom Synchronization.
-Sync Mode: Wired-Sync (R1 cameras lack the OptiSync feature).
-Pulse Type: Recording Level.
-Polarity: Active Low.

As soon as Arena starts recording, the OptiHub will output a constant voltage through the sync out port, which triggers the force capture if the NetForce trigger is armed. Obviously, this does not synchronize every frame, just the capture startup. We have checked the synchronization by attaching a marker to a soft hammer and hitting the plates, then verifying that the force and trajectory peaks coincide in time.

I hope this helps...
steven.andrews
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Post by steven.andrews »

Hello Luisa,

Force plate integration is not supported for the Flex cameras and the OptiHub.

With Motive and your Flex system, you can try to configure a setup similar to what is described in the message you shared. That may work, but it is possible there will be some drift between the motion capture and the force plates during recording. True synchronization between the systems would require the use of our Ethernet cameras with an eSync.
https://v22.wiki.optitrack.com/index.ph ... late_Setup

Best,
Steven
--
Steven Andrews
OptiTrack | Senior Customer Support Engineer
help.naturalpoint.com
support@optitrack.com
motionforce123

Post by motionforce123 »

Given the drift and asynchronize overhead period can vary, would it be possible for one to use an trigger to start data collection concurrently access the system?