Assistance with a new problem

ThePengoose

Assistance with a new problem

Post by ThePengoose »

We have a 12 camera V100R2 system which has worked perfectly on several occasions however recently I have run into some strange problems and am trying to diagnose it, any help would be appreciated...

There are two problems we are having and they may be related, the first problem is the tracking tools are displaying "Frame Queue Overflow" in the camera windows periodically. The second issue is that 1-2 cameras in the system don't track (colored trail lines) any of the 3-point markers on the wand even when they are clearly visible, in some cases a few feet from the camera. When any of the cameras do track the markers, the colored trails are short lines rather than smoother curves. The camera calibration windows end up looking like a pile of matchsticks (best way I can describe it)

I have made sure each of the three OptiHubs are on different USB controllers with no change. I even eliminate one of the hubs at random and went down to eight cameras just for testing and still had the same problem.

I have list my specs below.

Any Suggestions? Could this be a USB extender going bad?

- PC running Windows XP (Intel I7 w/ 8 processors)
- Using 3 OptiHubs each with 2 USB extenders, one with 3. (I eleminated the one hub with 3 extenders, no effect)
- The hubs are sync'ed with the sync cable
- Using 3-point calibration wand
- Room is well covered by the cameras
- Cameras are V100R2 with 3.5mm lens
- System has worked perfectly in the past but has set, untouched in research lab for several months
LinusA

Re: Assistance with a new problem

Post by LinusA »

[quote=ThePengoose]There are two problems we are having and they may be related, the first problem is the tracking tools are displaying "Frame Queue Overflow" in the camera windows periodically.[/quote]
I had the same (or similar) problem at first. I could solve it by updating my graphics card (display) drivers. Even though the old graphics card driver (from the Windows installation) looked ok at first, it didn't use acceleration.

What display frame rate do you observe inside Tracking Tools? My framerate almost doubled once I installed the newest graphics drivers...
NaturalPoint - Mike

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

When those two cameras can plainly see the markers on the wand, how many other cameras can also clearly see them?
ThePengoose

Post by ThePengoose »

At least half the cameras could see the markers.

Update: the problem has appeared to go away. We removed all cameras and calibrated with the groups of 4 camera at a time until all 12 were attached. Everything seems to be working.

Thanks