Duplicate markers detected question

ThePengoose

Duplicate markers detected question

Post by ThePengoose »

We are trying to track a rigid body with 5 markers. We have successful captured and tracked the rigid body with great accuracy.

Recently we loaded up the system that was working perfectly the day before with no changes to the system or room. The tracking tools began seeing duplicate markers and/or a marker would flicker on/off. It seemed almost as if there was a reflection getting see. Looking in the mpeg feed I saw no bright spots except for the markers. We even tried different rigid body with same results even tracking the wand with same issue.

The only difference that I could think of was it was early morning and fairly chilly outside around 45 degrees and the facility was indoor but not climate controlled. Could temp be effecting the cameras?
Birch

Re: Duplicate markers detected question

Post by Birch »

Here are a couple things to check :

* Have you tried re-calibrating the system to see if that improves tracking?

* Another question related to that is, how are the cameras mounted? Are they on tripods, fixed to the wall or in truss?

If tripods, could a camera have been bumped?

If there are very significant temperature changes and the cameras are in truss, perhaps the truss expanded or contracted some?

* Are all of the cables strain relieved so they aren't pulling on the cameras at all?

* You can also turn on untracked rays to see if particular cameras are having trouble contributing to the tracking.
DonBurroni

Re: Duplicate markers detected question

Post by DonBurroni »

Hi, I think the camera have moved,

I mounted some camera on a rig with speakers (base sub)
all was fine but after a few hours the cameras had moved and duplicate dots were all over the show. took a day to figure out

All the best
Burroni