Arena Crash while wanding

a.siemon

Arena Crash while wanding

Post by a.siemon »

Hi,

we have a huge problem during wanding. We have the 12 camera system with 2 optihubs and v100r2 cameras. The hubs are connected via the sync-cable. We use the 3 marker wanding (400 mm) stick. During the calibration process the software crashes almost every try. Yesterday we had one sucessful wanding process out of 30.

We already tried different computers, checked all cables, removed the usb extensions, used different software versions 1.6.2 - 1.7.1 but nothing solves the problem. We recognized a flicker at the led circles at a few cameras. Also we saw that the frame rate of the cameras is most of the time at about 55-60 Frames and sometimes it drops to 1 or 2 frames.

We would be grateful for any help.
NaturalPoint - Mike

Re: Arena Crash while wanding

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

Would it be possible to get the latest version you can use installed, and contact support@naturalpoint.com to arrange a remote desktop session to troubleshoot this?
ThePengoose

Post by ThePengoose »

Mike,

This issue is exactly what we were seeing with the latest Arena. The crash seemed to happen while wanding and we are seeing the same frame rate drops just before the crash.

We have the same exact setup as this user, was there a resolution to this problem?

Thanks
DonBurroni

Post by DonBurroni »

try it with just one hub and 6 cameras,
see if u can calibrate.

It may be a hub/sync problem or it could just be your cameras dont converge, try to point them all at the centre.
Boost

Post by Boost »

Yo, I saw this too. I got 6 s250e cams, and latest tracking tools...during wanding the wanding crashes and the error " please make sure cameras are on and connected" shows ups. My solution is to wand for less time - once it says it has enough to calculate I run it. I wand for maybe 2 minutes. Crash occurs when wanding for a long time.
NaturalPoint - Mike

By latest tracking tools do you mean 2.3.3 final or 2.3.4 beta?

When the crash occurs, do you notice any cameras lose their assigned numbers? (numbers on cameras should be steady on during normal operation)
ThePengoose

Post by ThePengoose »

Just to update... This problem, along with the camera identifier changed message popped up again. We have been capturing for a couple of weeks now with no problem. I have listed some statements below which may mean nothing but might assist in determining the problem. I have tried to analyze this problem a lot but havent found a consistent fix or pattern.

- When the "camera identifier changed" message appears, if I don't close out Arena and/or reboot my PC the message begins to happen quicker with each new attempt to re-wand.

- During wanding the messages above the list box of samples displays "continue wanding" for few moments. As soon as the message switches to "Sufficient for: xxx quality" seems to be the area the error message and subsequent crash occurs.

- The problem became so severe (didnt restart Arena after first error message) all I had to do was stand in the middle of the capture volume with the want visible but not moving. As soon as the "Sufficient for: xxx quality" appeared Arena crashed.

- The problem doesnt seem to occur if you start the wanding process but dont actually wand. In other words the issue described doesn't happen unless the wand is seen by the cameras.

- When the error message occurs the camera numbers are maintained as they were before, i.e. they don't reorder themselves. We have noticed on occasion that blue light on one of the two hubs is steady on at this point but this is not consistent.

- We are still seeing the "3-point wand expected" as documented in an earlier post. I will try to get video for you as you requested.
ThePengoose

Post by ThePengoose »

I saw the camera identifier error message again today in tracking tools on a completely different OptiTrack system. This system was running 12 cameras with 3 OptiHubs and has been used off and on for the last couple of years.

This error occured with the tracking tools version released on 8-10-10. What I noticed was when this error occurred none of the camera LED numbers changed however we did observe the camera list in tracking tools flicker or refresh right before the error message was displayed. Sometimes the camera list with flicker/refresh 1-3 times without the error message occurring. When the message occurred it was always after this refreshing

Just more feedback
NaturalPoint - Mike

There should be an update to Tracking Tools within a few days, it would be interesting to see if it occurs on that. We've made some changes that may fix this.
ThePengoose

Post by ThePengoose »

Thanks, I look forward to trying it out.