TrackIR for Linux

wild duck

Re: TrackIR for Linux

Post by wild duck » Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:44 am

Hello

I'm an 'old' user of trackir on sims. From Il2 series to ETS2, I've been using trackir for a long time, but now I'm switching to Linux, and having a way to use Tir on Linux is a must.

With the Linux userbase growing slowly but strongly as gaming on Linux is in true expansion, It should be feasible for NP to made a driver and GUI for our system.

Otherwise, I'll be looking for other solutions, like the new support for HTC Vive on Linux (it's coming, on beta now) or the recently announced LG hmd.

Thank you

lindev32

Post by lindev32 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:05 am

I created an account just to reply to this thread.

I was considering purchasing a few of these, however Linux support is a prerequisite.
I'm certainly not alone in having Linux support as a requirement and with the expanding market share I would urge the developers to implement support for mainstream distributions.

Regards,

livernyc

Post by livernyc » Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:10 pm

[Bump]

As stated by others I created an account on the board just to say there is still a user base out there for this request.

I have owned my Track IR 5 for several years now and I can't live without it. I still run Windows on my main rig but would love to see official Linux support from naturalpoint.

Maybe you guys should start a go fund me page??

NavyCuda

Post by NavyCuda » Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:33 pm

I've had trackir for a number of years now, used it with Arma 2, Arma 3 and DCS: World.

Joined this forum just to mention this:

I have recently made the transition to linux on my primary desktop and would like to see trackir support. Arma3 has a native linux client, using trackir with it would be great.