Spot Deadzone

Dwamies

Spot Deadzone

Post by Dwamies »

I found an old topic that mentions/explains this feature quite well.

I have been using the same Cap/Clip/Sensor since 2010ish for thousands of hours, on multiple titles ranging from War Thunder to Arma2/3 to X3/XRebirth/X4. Suffice to say I am quite comfortable with using the software, making profiles, curve graphs etc.

My issue is with the lack of a deadzone around the x=0/y=0 location. The current deadzones apply along any value of an axis. It doesn't matter what value y has, if x is near 0 your deadzone/slow movement will be applied. I shouldn't have a sticky spot while looking over my left shoulder and going from looking low to high. I also shouldn't have to focus on staying perfectly still while attempting to get a shot off through my forward facing armament. The allure of TrackIR is the ability to look around. The downside is the loss of a center when looking forward.

The worst example is Arma 3. I would have LOVED to use TrackIR while running around as a grunt with a gun. I am constantly holding ALT to look around while running, but the instant I let go it snaps to center. If I use TrackIR I have to set such a massive deadzone on both axis that looking around is miserable if I want to be able to aim. If you set almost no deadzone so looking around is smoothish, you can't keep your head forward enough to get accurate shots. This is aggravated on servers that remove your center reticle as you now have no point of reference to center your vision.

The original post is from 2012 so I assume the devs have looked into this feature by now, is it something difficult to implement or just something that has never been a priority?

Thank you for your attention,
Dwamies
Dwamies

Re: Spot Deadzone

Post by Dwamies »

Fantastic to see the attention that is being paid to your customers. An official response that is now 8 years old suggested this may happen. Yet what is seemingly a simple implementation is completely ignored. At least chime in to say "We aren't developing TrackIR software anymore. Sorry!"
Dwamies

Post by Dwamies »

It has been a full year with 0 response for a very basic feature request.
Dwamies

Post by Dwamies »

Another year gone by, another year of nothing.

I believe that TrackIR is dead as far as development. There hasn't been an update to the software since 2016, and I doubt we will see any..