Infrared Reflective Tape?

SwiftyOne

Infrared Reflective Tape?

Post by SwiftyOne »

Hello guys :)
I need some help, please...I have used TrackIR 5 now for about 5-6 years with the hat clip and still think it's the best out there :) I'm finding that on the hat clip the stick-on Infrared Reflective Tape lasts about three years and I'm on my second hat clip now...All I want to know is, where can I buy just the stick-on tape for the hat clip, without having to purchase yet another hat clip? All I can find in my searching is just stick-on Reflective Tape for bikes, cars, or the sew-on sort for jackets :? Please can someone help with this 8-)
Thanks
Swifty :)
SwiftyOne

Re: Infrared Reflective Tape?

Post by SwiftyOne »

I'm gonna be trying some reflective tape I have ordered from Wish.com just have to wait some weeks for delivery, in the meantime can the developers of trackir say what tape they use, and where to purchase this? That would be fantastic, especially for existing customers ;)
Strela_999

Post by Strela_999 »

We were talking about this with another forum user in this topic, I hope this will be of use to you!
Chris.Johnson

Post by Chris.Johnson »

Hello SwiftyOne,

Thank you for reaching out in the forums about the replacement tape for your Track Clip. You can purchase the Raw tape by the feet from our OptiTrack website. The link to this tape is listed below, as well as the part number, and description of the material. One foot of this tape should last you many years.

https://optitrack.com/products/motion-capture-markers/

Raw Material $3
Part number: MSC1040
3M 7610 reflective material can be applied to custom shapes or markers to meet your tracking needs. Sold by the foot, × 1″ wide.
All the Best,
Chris Johnson
Customer Support Engineer
NaturalPoint
Strela_999

Post by Strela_999 »

Wait, never mind, that's much more convenient than what I put a link to. Thanks Chris Johnson!
SwiftyOne

Post by SwiftyOne »

Hi
Sorry for the delay...Thanks so much, Chris Johnson that's very helpful :) and strela_99 that's more help then I hoped for, cheers ;) I guess I don't need now what I ordered from Wish.com, still, I'll need to wait another 4 weeks for that :( I'm a happy bunny now though :D \0/
SwiftyOne

Post by SwiftyOne »

It seems with everyone's good intention there's that BIG some old problem over again but nobody's fault called "SHIPPING" :roll:
What I want to purchase cost just £2.00 and since I live in the United Kingdom Optitrack.com requires £50.00 Shipping, I look for a distributor in the UK and is a little better with Shipping, but still, they want on any order there will be a minimum charge of £30 for shipping. :roll:
I don't get it really, for a 12-inch piece of sticky tape that costs just £2.00 and weighs in at less than a peacock feather will cost me £2.00 + £30.00 shipping :shock: :o I know it's no one's fault, it is what it is...But I can't get my brain around it... :evil: :x :roll:...Never mind, I'll wait and see what Wish.com comes up with...
Oh, and BTW, all the tape (6 different types and all full 50meter rolls) from Wish.com are FREE just pay shipping @£1.00 per item =£6.00 all coming from China :| Try and explain that one... ;)

But thanks for everyone's help it is appreciated :)
Steve
KathleenVang

Post by KathleenVang »

SwiftyOne wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:30 am It seems with everyone's good intention there's that BIG some old problem over again but nobody's fault called "SHIPPING" :roll:
What I want to purchase cost just £2.00 and since I live in the United Kingdom Optitrack.com requires £50.00 Shipping, I look for a distributor in the UK and is a little better with Shipping, but still, they want on any order there will be a minimum charge of £30 for shipping. :roll:
I don't get it really, for a 12-inch piece of sticky tape that costs just £2.00 and weighs in at less than a peacock feather will cost me £2.00 + £30.00 shipping :shock: :o I know it's no one's fault, it is what it is...But I can't get my brain around it... :evil: :x :roll:...Never mind, I'll wait and see what Wish.com comes up with...
Oh, and BTW, all the tape (6 different types and all full 50meter rolls) from Wish.com are FREE just pay shipping @£1.00 per item =£6.00 all coming from China :| Try and explain that one... ;)

But thanks for everyone's help it is appreciated :)
Steve
I understand how hard it is to find replacement parts for the equipment you love. Have you tried looking at hobby or electronics stores in your area?
SwiftyOne

Post by SwiftyOne »

Hello, KathleenVang I hope you are well ;) I have over the last 3 and a half years exhausted all sources as far as I was aware, but I must admit, not any of the suggested hobby or electronics stores in my area so, thank you for them... I did manage to pick up two-second hand hat clips on eBay, but even then they didn't last for long...I jumped ship two years ago as I found a great alternative to the hat clip ;)

Thanks
Steve xx