Oculus Rift

johnnybpope

Re: Oculus Rift

Post by johnnybpope »

I would love for trackIR to work in conjunction with the Rift! However I believe the consumer version of the rift will have positional tracking built in, plus a lower latency. Be nice to use while we have the Rift dev kits though ;-)
jwilson56

Post by jwilson56 »

I was just thinking the other day. Has anyone considered that when you are wearing the OR you will have a hard time using the keyboard or any cockpit switches (low end to high end pit building)? No matter how many switches and hats your HOTAS has you will always need to use other input devices. For this you need to be able to see them. Going to be kinda hard with the OR on your head. I am sure for more simple games the OR will be impressive but for hard core sims I can see problems popping up when trying to use it.
dustine79

Post by dustine79 »

antcross01 wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:26 pm Hi

You guys must of heard of the oculus rift VR head mount display
that will be coming out soon

its in development now and there will be dev kits shipping in december
the thing is they have accelerometer tracking, and have said to get the tracking really accurate they are going to have to do some sort of optical tracking aswell

hence why I am here, you guys are the best at it and have the best support, I think it would be mutually beneficial if you guys worked together, all it would mean is adding is some leds to the hmd?. and then people would buy a trackir (I already have one) or it could be bundled even, the optical tracking and accelerometer tracking would work together boosting its accuracy, plus alot of games the tracking would already be supported by the trackir software which is great for us consumers, why reinvent the wheel?

its win win for everyone in my opinion if this could be made to happen

I think the oculus rift is going to take off big time, they got there kickstarter goal within a few hours

anyway thanks, and I hope you guys get in touch with the oculus guys
Sorry to post in this very old thread but this is a great place
I'm looking for the same VR model to ask and I can't find it anywhere because it's too old so maybe
But looking at this thread, it seems that I will get this model from here
So if any of you have this model please let me know