DayZ Alpha - Z axis no longer works properly

Guyver1

DayZ Alpha - Z axis no longer works properly

Post by Guyver1 »

Something I have noticed when I played the Arma 3 alpha/beta/release and now the new DayZ alpha.

Something has changed from Arma 2 in the in the 2 new games, the Z axis zoom in and out is no longer analogue, it now acts like a digital on/off switch and you simply zoom full in or out no matter how little you move your head toward the screen.

This is a massive 'break' in functionality for me as being able to zoom in just as much as i want was very important.

I have submitted a bug report for DayZ alpha here - http://feedback.dayzgame.com/view.php?id=1350

Can anyone at NaturalPoint confirm why this is happening in Arma3 and DayZ alpha? Can you guys actually contact Bohemia Interactive directly to get some kind response from them as to why Z axis has gone from analogue to digital?

I really want my analogue zoom back :(
Last edited by Guyver1 on Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
MikeWitham

Re: Arma 3/DayZ Alpha - Z axis no longer works properly

Post by MikeWitham »

Hello Guyver1,

I am sorry it took me a day to get back to you, but I wanted to test it out for myself before answering. In ArmA 3 my z-axis and zoom work very well. I cannot repeat the auto max/min zoom. As for DayZ I cannot comment because it is still in a very early, very buggy, very alpha stage.

Does the z-axis act this way while you are walking around or does it just happen when you aim down the gun?

Have you adjusted the "view" controls and checked the settings there? The only other thing I would suggest would be to adjust the z-axis sensitivity in the TrackIR software and see if that changes the issue.

I am sorry that I don't have a quick fix, but I could not replicate the issue.

Best regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
Guyver1

Re: Arma 3/DayZ Alpha - Z axis no longer works properly

Post by Guyver1 »

Hi Mike,

Thanks for taking the time to test this.

Ok, I have an update.

Fixed in Arma 3 by adjusting my Z axis sensitivity in TrackIR software and then using Zoom In (Continuous) and Zoom Out (Continuous) in Arma 3

The problem is, DayZ Alpha is broken because they don't have the Zoom In (Continuous) and Zoom Out (Continuous) in the view options so zoom in and zoom out act like a digital switch :(

Heres a screenshot from DayZ alpha showing the lack of control options that are present in Arma2 and Arma3:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =210943646

Arma 3 Zoom controls:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =210945258

Do you guys have the capacity to report this to BI?
MikeWitham

Re: DayZ Alpha - Z axis no longer works properly

Post by MikeWitham »

Hello Guyver1,

Thank you for the update. I will look into what we can do about reporting to BI.
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager