Snap to origin instead of axes

SageNTitled

Snap to origin instead of axes

Post by SageNTitled »

I don't know why this is not implemented yet. It feels much more natural to snap it to the center point only, or crosshair if you will. When panning my head, I want to be able to tilt without snapping to the X-axis, and vice versa.
MikeWitham

Re: Snap to origin instead of axes

Post by MikeWitham »

Hello SageNTitled,

Definitely an interesting idea. Thank you for the input! I'll add this to the feature request list and send it to the right people.

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
Kianoni

Post by Kianoni »

This! This is what I have been dreaming of for some time. Even thought to post about this with some example diagrams.

Lack of this is why I don't really use TrackIR that much.
Please implement this, would make it feel really more natural to use.

Would make it so much easier looking down left etc..
Kianoni

Post by Kianoni »

So the last update to TIR software came in 2013, and the last reply to this thread was half a year ago. I've lost hope to this product and company, which used to be awesome.
Maybe I'll have to see if facetrack or some other product has a solution for this.

2 years since last update? really? seems they are out of business..
MikeWitham

Post by MikeWitham »

Hello Kianoni,

The request has been added to the list and didn't need any comment after that because it has not been implemented. Software updates take time. So does weeding through the amount of feature requests that we receive. The TrackIR is not our only product and all of our Dev time is planned in advance. Though, I have nothing to announce at this time. I would suggest keeping an eye on our software and forums for news.

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager