Driver not recognized by Windows 7 x64

dim1309

Driver not recognized by Windows 7 x64

Post by dim1309 »

I recently purchased Trackir5 Pro from a German dealer through the Internet. My Windows 7 x64 cannot recognize the Natural Point x64 driver. I have installed the device following your guidance to the letter, I have tried every possible solution described in this forum and still nothing.

My system:

Motherboard: Asrock X99 Extreme 11
CPU: Intel i7 5930K
RAM: Corsair Dom D4 3300 16 GB
GFX: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1

Please provide me with a solution before I ask my money back.
MikeWitham

Re: Driver not recognized by Windows 7 x64

Post by MikeWitham »

dim1309,

When you installed the TrackIR, did you use the 5.4.2 package or did you install the package and the driver download?

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
dim1309

Post by dim1309 »

I installed the x64 driver for Windows 7 first. Rebooted. Plugged in the camera usb in a usb2 port. The device was not recognized. I disconnected the usb cable, rebooted and installed the 5.4.2 package, in case there was an embedded driver in it. Of course there wasn't. I unistalled both the driver and the application. I cleaned all temp files. I cleaned the registry. All these actions were followed by reboots. I repeated the procedure after I logged in Windows 7 with Signature Inforcement disabled. No results. I have three questions : Why do you provide an installer in order for the driver package to just be placed somewhere in the hard disk? In other words why don't you just zip a folder with the driver files and distribute it? I can't find the meaning of your uploading this installer and then ...guiding your clients to manually load the driver through the Device Manager! Second question: Why don't you develop a serious driver package, one that a typical Windows 7 installation would accept immidiately instead of insisting on distributing a problematic piece of code to your customers? Third question: Why do you offer your support in this forum mostly through private messages? Is there something wrong with the desperate rest of us (customers of yours, I repeat) trying to find a solution regarding your badly written driver code? I paid 300 Euros for your product and am still spending time trying to put it to work and waiting for your support (you answered after ...2 days).
MikeWitham

Post by MikeWitham »

dim1309,

All of the drivers are included in the software installation. You don't need to individually install the drivers, they are available to download for troubleshooting purposes. The instructions read:

"Download the latest TrackIR installer
from <http://trackir.com/download>.
Run the installer and follow its
prompts."

The reason you aren't seeing the embedded driver installation is because the drivers are already installed through their standalone installer.

I want you to unplug the camera, uninstall the software, uninstall the drivers, delete the installer and then reboot. Once rebooted, I want you to download just the installer (5.4.2) and then right-click it and select "Run as administrator". Let me know if that fixes the problem.

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager