Redesign on the trackir hatclip or question :)

macedk

Redesign on the trackir hatclip or question :)

Post by macedk »

Hi NP.

Any reason why you didn't go with a sphere design for the 3 reflective points on the clip ?

I know I can correct "over extending" on the software side but my humble thought was that instead of the limited range on up and down, a sphere/ball/round shape would give more room to play with. One could say that the side clip has round returns in a way :)

Cost ? design choice ?

My reason, is that looking at motion capture suits, it is always small spheres. :)

Fun story: My tir 5 was going bonkers one day.....hmm Ate evening I get sunlight in the background, close blinds, no effect and it is a bit of an random error. Check settings, restart and it does it again ??? Background is dark, I'm not reflecting anything ....wait. I look down and my t-shirt has writing on it and god dang it.... top letters are friggin reflective...change of t shirt and all is good :)

Any who, thanks for a great product.
omparejab

Re: Redesign on the trackir hatclip or question :)

Post by omparejab »

The design choices for reflective points on a clip can vary depending on multiple factors, including cost, intended functionality, and aesthetic considerations. While a sphere design might offer more flexibility in terms of capturing reflections from various angles, it could also increase the complexity and cost of manufacturing.