Hooked but not at first

Barred

Hooked but not at first

Post by Barred »

A friend mentioned this new camera thingy that allowed people to look around in IL2 just by turning their heads. I can't repeat my reply to him here but stupid and talk daft were part of it!

I have never gotten on with artificial 'padlocks' and using hat switches to look around, I normally end up as a lawn dart. I just do not have any SA with artificial aids. So one day I had a bit of spare cash and I was fed up with lawn darting when we were flying online, so I took the plunge in a fit of madness and ordered a TIR1.

Like a most that post here I had problems at first and was dissapointed with my TIR, so I came here. After a few posts I was up and running after turning my monitor into a 'Dalek' TIR came alive. The first time I tracked my friend and shot him down was total magic because it was the first time that I had managed to do so

I missed TIR2 and went to TIR3 and then whn the Vector came out I did not hesitate and once again was blown away with the extra movement. GTR was the first sim I used the intergrated 6DoF and for onlin racing the ability to look over your wing is amazing, TIR+Vector and GTR was a marage made in heaven.

Today I am running a TIR4 in GTL and every time the new hardware came out I have been supprised at how much of an improvement it is over the old.

I have to say I had a TIR3 camera fail and the whole thing was handled briliantly.

My spamming of the forums is my way of saying thankyou to NP for TIR and the years of enjoyment, and to help those with troubles to experience the amazement that I originally felt once I got mine working.

That is my story.