Vista x64 & driver signing

romulus447

Re: Vista x64 & driver signing

Post by romulus447 »

Vincent:

I'm using the Full version of Vista now. It's out for certain vendors. Are we getting close to the release of the 64 bit signed drivers?

Regards,
Highwayman

Post by Highwayman »

I'm in the same position, I'd really like to know too...
romulus447

Post by romulus447 »

Actually, its not just you and I. I have 5 co-workers who also hove track-ir, based on my recommendation, and also running vista 64 bit full version on their main systems. What does it take to get drivers microsoft singned anyway?

Regards.
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

For digital signing, about 3 - 6 months, and money......
Highwayman

Post by Highwayman »

So would that mean that we're looking at 3 - 6 months before we can use our Track IR's with Vista x64, or are we already some way down that path...?
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

We are currently looking into the "kernel" digital signatures required for Vista 64-bit.
Highwayman

Post by Highwayman »

We are currently looking into the "kernel" digital signatures required for Vista 64-bit.
Nice dodge
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

Not trying to dodge the question, just stating that it is being looked into.....

The way that MS does certifications for Vista, is completely different than they have been done in the past, so it is being looked into. I was doing research on it myself yesterday.
Highwayman

Post by Highwayman »

Not trying to dodge the question, just stating that it is being looked into.....

The way that MS does certifications for Vista, is completely different than they have been done in the past, so it is being looked into. I was doing research on it myself yesterday.
Please don't take any offence... I'm yanking your chain... I know stating timelines is that last thing that anyone in software development wants to do unless absolutely necessarry.

Just hoping that when Christmas comes around and my Saitek Pedals (come on Santa, you know I've been good) compliment my X52, that my Track IR will be there to welcome Lock On Black Shark, which I prey will please, please, please be ready by the Holidays....!
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

No issues.........