Vista x64 & driver signing

romulus447

Re: Vista x64 & driver signing

Post by romulus447 »

Guys:

Is there anyway around it? There must be a way to allow the drivers to work via 64 bit. It makes no sense @ all. I mean it is a known fact that technology is moving @ a fast pace. How is it possible that Microsoft would make it almost impossible to diliver drivers within a resonable time. I can't believe it. 3 months is a long time. a 32 HD lcd screen 3 months ago was 800 +, now it can be had for 500 dollars. come on guys- you can't be seriously telling me that it will be another 3 months.
romulus447

Post by romulus447 »

I mean seriously trackir is for serious computer users. to me this means that they should be ready to deliver on any major os.

regards.
romulus447

Post by romulus447 »

I just installed my hp printer drivers with no pro broblems I'm prininting with no problems using the microsoft vista 64 bit drivers. HP is staying on top os technology.
Highwayman

Post by Highwayman »

I just installed my hp printer drivers with no pro broblems I'm prininting with no problems using the microsoft vista 64 bit drivers. HP is staying on top os technology.
Take a step back there and look at the two company profiles...

HP are a global corporate monster... Natural point in comparison (no offece guys) work out of their garage (they don't obviously)...

Also bear this in mind.

1, You can not walk into your high street computer store today and buy a genuine copy of Windows Vista off of the shelf.

2, The only reason that number one exists is because OEM's like HP and Dell could not install Vista onto all of the PC's they're selling and shipping over the Christmas period. They put pressure on Microsoft not to release the OS to the public before next year so their potential customer base would still buy their PC's with XP on and wouldn't be tempted to go to smaller manufacurers who don't have vast manufacturing lines to alter to get Vista pre-installed...

Bleeding Edge Tech

I'm frutrated that the Track IR doesn't work in x64 Vista too, but it's MS that have enforced the rules... If you don't like it, install the 32bit version, or dual boot with XP until it's ready, but don't beat these guys up.

Don't think you're off the hook either though NP I still expect you to work your butts off over the holidays to get the Driver signed!
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

We are looking into it. On a side note, it is not the normal digital driver signing that is required as well, but kernel level driver signature, also something different from Windows XP.
romulus447

Post by romulus447 »

I'm frutrated that the Track IR doesn't work in x64 Vista too, but it's MS that have enforced the rules... If you don't like it, install the 32bit version, or dual boot with XP until it's ready, but don't beat these guys up.
Well at least I'm not the only one that is frustrated with this issue - The reason why I am frustrated #1 is because I love this product and not being able to experience it in the 64 bit environment is disapointing #2, is that I looked @ post dating back several months requesting support for vista 64 bit, and it is still not available. Eitherway, I have to agree with you that this is something imposed by Microsoft. But I can't imagine it taking months 3 - 6 months as posted prior. If it does @ least NP was honest.

Don't think you're off the hook either though NP I still expect you to work your butts off over the holidays to get the Driver signed!
LOL - that was funny. Well @ least NP responds to every post - I look forward to the one that states "Version X.XX now supports Windows Vista 64 bit"
romulus447

Post by romulus447 »

We are looking into it. On a side note, it is not the normal digital driver signing that is required as well, but kernel level driver signature, also something different from Windows XP.
Vincent:

I'm glad to here that NP is looking into it now - could you let us know how far along you are? Hopefully the new drivers will be here in time for christmas (hey, if there is any holiday period to wish the impossible, it would be this one.
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

Honestly, It will probably be closer to the retail release date of Vista, before we have any drivers released for the OS.
Highwayman

Post by Highwayman »

All of my Christmas wishes are falling apart...!

No driver til Jan/Feb, and Lock On Black Shark has been pushed to 2007...

Damn, Santa must have heard me singing those "alternative" carols
VincentG

Post by VincentG »