TrackIR on Macintosh

NaturalPoint - Mike

Re: TrackIR on Macintosh

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

Hello -

Unfortunately, as LinuxTrack is not our product, we can't do support for the software here. I'd highly recommend looking into the linuxtrack forum community for more assistance.
Struttler

Post by Struttler »

Still no mac support........how hard can it be to produce a driver for mac....my track ir sits gathering dust waiting to come to life !
uglyDwarf

Post by uglyDwarf »

If you'd want to use it in XPlane and/or Flightgear, you might want to take a look at linuxtrack project...
More games are in the pipe (windows games through wine).
Kind regards,

Michal
Pickle72

Post by Pickle72 »

Is there any work in this direction? Any new news?
I've been running Track IR in bootcamp but I have mac native versions of my games and I hate booting into windows just for Track IR.
Thanks
MikeWitham

Post by MikeWitham »

Hello Pickle72,

We don't have anything to announce on this right now. I will continue to send the requests forward.
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
Kpregira

Post by Kpregira »

Track IR DOES work on a Mac OSX. Check out a freeware package called Linux-Track. The package contains a plugin for X-plane that allows TrackIR to work. Just read the instructions on the website. I use it myself and it works great. :)
who?

Post by who? »

I'd love to see this too. With the Mac version of Elite Dangerous coming out soon, I'd hate to have to reboot every time I play just for TrackIR 5 support; I think a lot of Mac space-simmers would be interested too.
elt128

Post by elt128 »

same here. i want to use Elite: Dangerous on Mac OSX (i am beta tester) but there is no chance of using TrackIR with this game on Mac OSX as Frontier Development does not and apparently will not support linuxtrack or freetrack stuff.
and you guys also do not want to support a platform that is being adopted by more and more gamers every day! this is really a pity.
i now really am looking forward to putting TrackIR into the drawer and search for alternatives (maybe EDTracker works, heard some rumours...)

Update 15th may:
i bought the EDTracker device and it really works out of the box on Mac OSX with Elite:Dangerous!
anyone want to buy a used TrackIR5? :)
Tihona

Post by Tihona »

So finally is there any expections for MAC OSX drivers or not ?
MikeWitham

Post by MikeWitham »

Tihona wrote:So finally is there any expections for MAC OSX drivers or not ?
No, not at this time. If it is going to come out, we will have a major announcement.

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager