Disable TrackIR in external views (FSX)

Heyvern

Re: Disable TrackIR in external views (FSX)

Post by Heyvern »

Thanks JAB (Jacky). I started a separate thread earlier here on the Track IR site asking for this same feature to be implemented in FSX. I've seen it done in other sims, like FS9 & Enemy Engaged: Commanche vs. Hokum.

I figured if they could program that FS9 and EECH to have the TIR work only in external views, then why can't they program TIR to behave the same way in other flight sims too?

I'd like it to become a regular feature in ALL TIR games.

I'd would LOVE a TIR OPTION check-box that says "Disable Track IR in external views". That would be great, since I love to use TIR in cockpit view only in ALL my flight sims.

-Vern.
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

It is a matter of how the TrackIR is implemented by the game developer. The application above is basically an application performing several keystrokes, when you exit to the "other views". It is just pausing the TrackIR unit, it actually isn't disabling the TrackIR from use within the other views.
Heyvern

Post by Heyvern »

Cool. As long as it works, I'm not too picky about the exact details of "how it works". :-)

Maybe that could be a new OPTION FEATURE that game developers are made aware of for TIR version xxx. Game developers should consider whether game users want TIR working in "internal view only" or "external views only" or "both internal & External views" or "game user's choice by checkbox". Something like that.