Suggestion for TrackClipPro development

kjoyce

Re: Suggestion for TrackClipPro development

Post by kjoyce »

How about a new product incorporating the motion tracking technology used in the Nintendo Wii? No webcam required!
stub

Post by stub »

Another good reason to keep things modular is to make it affordable.

i.e. Someone could start out with a TrackIR as the initial piece and then expand on it with whatever accessories they wish in the future.

Now, something that I would like to see would be a set of LCD goggles that could be used in conjunction with my TrackIR4.

What got me thinking about this was the iWear AV920. According to their web site, it "delivers a virtual display equivalent to a 62-inch screen viewed from 9 feet".

It appears to be similar to their VR920 (which is about $400.00) but without the head tracking capability.
At around $350.00 it is almost cheap enough for me to get away with buying it without any grief from the wife :)

If Naturalpoint could make something similar for about $250.00 (even if, to keep costs down, it was in the form of a "kit" that needed some assembly) I would definately buy one.
Jim

Post by Jim »

Thanks for the feedback. I like the idea of making an investment in a tracking device and then adding different accessories to it to expand the capabilities, and maybe even LCD goggles. It will be interesting to see where that market goes.