linux drivers?

Cyborg16

Re: linux drivers?

Post by Cyborg16 »

I'd love to see a linux driver too, and I'd love it to be open source and the related SDK to be freely related to all software developers. Since several programmers have already offered their services to build such a driver I won't bother, but I'd certainly be interested in programming for the TIR on linux.
xalen

Post by xalen »

I'm a Linux user and have not bought TrackIR. I have a small partition on Windows that I don't use and it's not big enough to install X-Plane. I would, without a shadow of a doubt by TrackIR if it was supported on Linux.

Can we please get a poll running so you guys can see for sure how many people would buy TrackIR if there was support for Linux. If we can't get a poll up then I suggest the readers of this just post saying either they have TrackIR and would like to see Linux support, or whether you would buy it if it had Linux support.

Let's finally get decent head tracking, on a decent flight simulator, on a decent operating system!
xalen

Post by xalen »

Still no driver and no replies? :(
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

Thank you for your continued interest.

Unfortunately we do not have any further information, at this time, regarding support for the TrackIR under the Linux OS.
flyfast4fun

Post by flyfast4fun »

I hate me-too posts, but I am also a TrackIR user, and I would pay a reasonable amount for a linux driver.
admax88

Post by admax88 »

Its been over a year since this thread was started. Do you actually have any intentions of doing linux support? Or are you just pulling our strings.

If your not going to support linux, just say it, so that those of use looking for linux tracking can move on and find other alternatives.
na85

Post by na85 »

[quote=admax88]Its been over a year since this thread was started. Do you actually have any intentions of doing linux support? Or are you just pulling our strings.

If your not going to support linux, just say it, so that those of use looking for linux tracking can move on and find other alternatives. [/quote]

I think it's fairly obvious they have no intention of releasing a linux driver. Time to start shopping around for alternatives.
nokernel

Post by nokernel »

I am also interested in Linux drivers. Ive just purchaced the trackir 5, and I am very eager to use the hardware in Linux.
tulth

Post by tulth »

I thought I'd drop by and mention that there is now alpha support for TrackIR for the X-plane simulator in linux.

See:
http://code.google.com/p/linux-track/

and this thread:
http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?showtopic=38828
GOZR

Post by GOZR »

Same here Ubuntu or Linux-mint ;)

Naturalpoint is a pretty small niche already making a linux driver will boost this great product.
A simple demand to Naturalpoint programmers I'm sure they would love to do it.. It make sens ;)

S~