'Active' dot

Magic Man

Re: 'Active' dot

Post by Magic Man »

quote:I just thought about eye tracking also. I was wondering if special contact lenses could be used?

Just a thought.

Jeff HanlonTried sticking a couple of the round dots to my lenses but is sort of spoiled the effect, I tended to crash a lot too...

[ April 27, 2004, 03:52 PM: Message edited by: Magic Man ]
Trackmonkey

Post by Trackmonkey »

I just hate batteries. They are so expensive. And you gotta be changing them when you least want it.
Could you guys make a deal with Plantronics, so that they would make a quality headset with a built in IR-led which could take it's power from USB port.

Well, it doesn't need to be Plantronics' but it needs a good mic and reasonably good sound. And should be comfortable to wear. Similar to .Audio 60 but USB and with an IR-led.

What do you think?

[ April 30, 2004, 04:09 PM: Message edited by: Trackmonkey ]
Ragman

Post by Ragman »

quote:Originally posted by Trackmonkey:
I just hate batteries. They are so expensive. And you gotta be changing them when you least want it.
Could you guys make a deal with Plantronics, so that they would make a quality headset with a built in IR-led which could take it's power from USB port.

Well, it doesn't need to be Plantronics' but it needs a good mic and reasonably good sound. And should be comfortable to wear. Similar to .Audio 60 but USB and with an IR-led.

What do you think?I had thought of this also, after building my own USB powered headset IR. I was thinking how cool it would be to have just a single cable leading from the headset instead of the two I have now (headset and USB loomed together).

I will eventually replace the two cables with a single custom terminated one, but I had wanted to make sure it worked fine before getting that in depth. Having a premade unit would have been a great option.

Ragman
Magic Man

Post by Magic Man »

Better still, how about a battery driven active dot that comes with it's own charger.

Even better still, incorporate a small charging dock into the TrackIR head unit so that when the dot insn't in use, it can sit there and be recharged. Could even have two so that one is aways ready to swap over.
innerman

Post by innerman »

Sooo many ideas, the best idea and easy to create is make little ir low voltage led with 1 small battary ... and place all this on glasses on the head .. de best

Soon i promise to post picture