'Active' dot

Jim

Re: 'Active' dot

Post by Jim »

Hello:

Like the idea, hadn't actually thought of that as a real option. We work very closely with eDimensional so I will bring this up with them. You never know. I realize that I am running a bit behind schedule on the active LED project, 2.0 software is just taking too much time.
Red Halibut

Post by Red Halibut »

I have built an IR LED into a baseball cap and it seems to work very well indeed!

I bought �5.00 worth of bits from Maplin (UK equivalent of RadioShack) and it works wonderfully.

In essence I have a battery holder (holding 2xAAA rechargeable batteries). The batteries are rated at 1.2 volts so the total is 2.4 volts.

All I did was put a switch on the positive terminal, and wire up the IR led and a yellow LED in parallel with a couple of resistors (for current limiting) and attached the IR led to the front of the cap and the yellow LED to the back (so I can tell if it's on ).

So far I've left it on for eight hours straight with no reduction in effectiveness, so there should be no need for an a/c adaptor...

If anyone is interested in a similar project I'm going to try and throw up a little explanation (with a few piccies) on my website. Any takers?
DNME

Post by DNME »

Any takers?

Yes, for one, me
Jim

Post by Jim »

Hello:

I knew if I didn't get on this project soon that one of our users would! Thanks for providing the info.
BPO6_GoldenWing

Post by BPO6_GoldenWing »

~S! All

Count me in too!

~S! Gold
Red Halibut

Post by Red Halibut »

OK, I'll put something together.

I'll have it up with a URL in about a week.

Don't expect anything fancy, but it SHOULD tell you everything you need to know, step by step, to build an active IR dot into a baseball cap.
Charlie251

Post by Charlie251 »

You can send me all the info and I can package it into a nice little adobe PDF package. Anything works fine though.
Loffy

Post by Loffy »

What happend to this, did you finish the instructions? And does the maplin shop have a website? Also can you post the part numbers.

Thanks

quote:Originally posted by Red Halibut:
OK, I'll put something together.

I'll have it up with a URL in about a week.

Don't expect anything fancy, but it SHOULD tell you everything you need to know, step by step, to build an active IR dot into a baseball cap.

[ May 28, 2003, 07:10 AM: Message edited by: Loffy ]
MiguelAngel

Post by MiguelAngel »

Hi, Im a developed a shockwave 3D game in lingo.
How I can connect the TrackIR to my game

thanks.
Axphin

Post by Axphin »

quote:Originally posted by Georgio:
A uni-directional active dot or eye tracking would still be the best option thoughI just thought about eye tracking also. I was wondering if special contact lenses could be used?

Just a thought.

Jeff Hanlon