VB Development with Control

DaveBrewster

VB Development with Control

Post by DaveBrewster »

Hi guys.
Well I just got my TrackIR and downloaded the SDK.
I am having some difficulties - hard to put my finger on it but some how it keeps active even after I shut it down.
Yes I am executing the closedevice method (in several spots actually) - but every couple of debug execution tries i can actually stop the program from executing. I can hit the Stop button as much as I wnat on the IDE or I can click the X on the executing form itself - same result. This happens perhaps a third of the time.
So I do a CTRL-ALT-DEL but at that point I am not able to reload the VB project - says the file is in use. Rebooting is the only way to get back into it.
This has happened on both my application as well as the demo application sent with the SDK.
Has anyone else had this problem? Any suggestions?
DaveBrewster

Re: VB Development with Control

Post by DaveBrewster »

Well I've found if I catch the error in an errorhandler I can close the device 9 times out of ten and everything will shut down ok - but that error handler gets tripped a lot (every few seconds).
It's almost like the FrameReceived event executes too quickly. Let me explain....
One of the first things I do is look for the number of objects. My object line length is 40 (with the linefeed) with the parameters I've selected to show, like all of them).
So right off the bat I have :
numobjects = len(nData) / 41
Every 5-10 seconds that line raises an exception - usually an out of bounds type error or something along those lines. I have a break in my error handling... now the funny thing is - if I retype that line in the immediate window - it comes out ok (with an int value) - but it's almost like at the time when the line was executed within the program - nData was screwed up or something.
I KNOW this makes no sense - but I can't explain it either.

I also get an exception sometimes when camid=0 is executed - I get an error number :
-2147417848, "The object invoked has disconnected from its clients."
I have to end execution of the program and restart it.
Jim

Post by Jim »

Dave:

I think that Birch is aware of this problem and might have a fix. Can you please email him at He is the main programmer for the SDK.

I know that he has an updated version of the SDK that is not posted on our site as of yet, we were killing a few bugs in 2K and XP last week.
DaveBrewster

Post by DaveBrewster »

Thanks.
I just emailed him - hopefully he can get back to me soon. :-)