R/C model headtracking

gau-8

R/C model headtracking

Post by gau-8 »

Gentlemen,

I was curious if it is possible to expand into the radio control world of TRACK-I.
this "new" concept has taken off dramitically in the past few years (all though some ubergeekshave found out ways to do this years back)

There area few other companies that are starting to offer this technology, but i thought you guys might be the best source to make a good product. And posssibly keep the pricing down lower than the others. You allready have the technology for headtrcking...just add in the servos and camera :)

Just check out "FPV R/C" or something like that on youtube.

Pleeeeeeeeease consider... (and make!)
evilc

Re: R/C model headtracking

Post by evilc »

It seems to me that NaturalPoint's IR based tracking is not suited to the R/C world.

You would not want to have to stand in a field and set up the TIR webcam, then always face the webcam. Most R/C headtrackers AFAIK you can stand facing any direction and it will just detect how your head is turned in relation to your body.

Plus NP's IR tech is not very suited to outdoor use, you would certainly need Track-Clip Pro and not the passive reflectors to use it in broad daylight I would imagine.

FPV R/C is *very* cool though, I must admit. Now when will someone integrate "Lazer Tag" guns and sensors into the planes so you can have a *real* (simulated) dogfight?? That would rock hardcore!