Revision 2.0 trackIR software

Jim

Revision 2.0 trackIR software

Post by Jim »

Hello:

Just to let the faithfull know, we are going to be releasing an internal beta of v2.0 software starting next week. I have been playing with it and I really think it is a big improvement.

Things that will be in the new software:
- new layout
- dead zone and non linear scaling for MSFS and games that support our direct interface
- new Advanced Settings menu with more options
- new HotKeys with more options (right / left click toggle)
- minimize to system tray
- and many more new toys.

Looking to release in about 30 days.
snake122

Re: Revision 2.0 trackIR software

Post by snake122 »

Great news Jim! Looking forward to it!
Hotdognz

Post by Hotdognz »

Great news Jim and some nice features added in too.

Did you manage to also fix Track Ir being able to use keys for the views. ???
snake122

Post by snake122 »

quote:Originally posted by Hotdognz:
Did you manage to also fix Track Ir being able to use keys for the views. ???LOL, let it be known Jim that I didn't ask it first! I was tempted to but I didn't! Can't wait for keymapping someday soon
Hotdognz

Post by Hotdognz »

Ha ha Snake 122 I thought I would give you a rest and ask for you
Jim

Post by Jim »

Guys:

Damn, give a guy a break! I hear your need for KeyMapping, but to be honest, it is at the bottom of the list right now as we are working on the whole new interface and the new Remote Interface support, which will make KeyMapping a thing of the past.

Looking like we will have a release around the end of January.
snake122

Post by snake122 »

I know you're working hard Jim, and I thank you for that! That's why I didn't mention it at first .ANd I bet Hotdognz feels the same. Just a feature we want to have to get the excellent Track IR working in older sims How will Remote Interface make keymapping obsolete? Sounds interesting! You can't just tease us like that and not go into more details!
Jim

Post by Jim »

Hello:

Details are scarce at this point, but we are working on direct support in games, via the Remote Interface, this will enable games that didn't have mouse view support to use the trackIR, BoB is a perfect example.
Osram

Post by Osram »

quote:
Details are scarce at this point, but we are working on direct support in games, via the Remote Interface, this will enable games that didn't have mouse view support to use the trackIR, BoB is a perfect example.
Seems to me there is a missunderstanding - both BoB and Mig Alley have mouseview and work fine "straight out of the box" with TrackIR. Actually I heard someone say, they would be the best combatsims for TrackIR.

The reason we work on a native implementation is to get all the goodies of a full implementation in a combat sim. This is not only that the input is absolute, but also that you free the mouse to move the gun (as gunner ), that you can interface the TrackIR input to the padlock input etc. So, you can decide whether TrackIR or the padlock moves your view while both are active and even if the padlock does not move your head, it can still "highlight" the target.
Jim

Post by Jim »

Hello:

My apologies. You are completely correct. BoB does have excellent trackIR support via MouseView and works great right out of the box. My intent was to highlight how BoB would be one if the first games to include the enhanced trackIR support, with features that you mention in your post. Sorry for jumping over this point.