New Applications

Graham McGee

New Applications

Post by Graham McGee »

Anyone interested in a device that would allow them to interact with their computer in a Philip K. Dick Minority Report style?

I have some issues that I would appreciate input on if so !!
Alan

Re: New Applications

Post by Alan »

Yes but mainly for the ability to do 2+ things at once and have the precision of your natural movement rather than having to go through artificial interfaces like mice...
Jim

Post by Jim »

Guys:

I am toying around with a virtual pen idea right now, using some existing trackIR technology and a cool virtual wand. I think it might be cool, will let you all know.
Graham McGee

Post by Graham McGee »

Hi Jim

I am developing a small and light device that the user would wear on their hand (index and middle finger) that the Track IR would track the movement of as normal and map to cursosr movements. The device contains two external switches same as a mouse type microswitch and the user simply performs the traditional mouse clicking motion to produce mouse clicks.

I feel that this device would provide a greater level of interactivity between user and computer and would be a step forward in the move towards new computer input methods such as IR tracking, gestures interfaces. The possibilty to map whole hand and finger positions using several cameras and attach operations to specific gestures or to detect finger positions for manipulation of 3d objects for animators and designers is very promising for IR type technology.

Please respond if interested.

Graham McGee
Jim

Post by Jim »

Hello:

Yes, we are interested in helping out all developers. We can hook you up with our developers kit if you would like, just email Sounds like a great project! Take pictures and post them.