keypress on range event

bodaciousBrian

keypress on range event

Post by bodaciousBrian »

Many months ago, there was a thread about programming keyboard commands to TIR event(such as, 20 degree head tilt to left, hit q key to lean left, or move forward to toggle sniper zoom). Everyone in the thread, including the mods thought it was a great idea, and should be implemented into a later patch.

I see plenty of topics about game support, and obveously they need to be supported one game at a time, however with the implementation of key press on event, you wouldn't need to do that on all games. I for one wont be aiming my gun with my head, but I would love to lean around corners with it!

Is this still going to be implemented? When? Or is there a third-party add on to accomplish this?

Thanks!
Brian

edit: Link to old thread on this topic.
VincentG

Re: keypress on range event

Post by VincentG »

We are looking at implementing keyboard/joystick command capabilities, in a future version of the TrackIR support. Unfortunately there currently is no timeline/release date set for that feature.
bodaciousBrian

Post by bodaciousBrian »

I suppose that will have to do. If you decide not to implement it, would Natural Point be willing to part with some code to assist a third party?
Seth Steiling

Post by Seth Steiling »

I think that it's important to give you guys creative ways to use TrackIR in games that don't have official support, and a variety of high-quality emulation solutions is definitely part of that. But, it's a matter of development priorities/resources/time, and it might be a while before we can address these requests. In the meantime, you can try this 3rd party keyboard mapping app:

http://kaf.tri6.net/trackmapper/
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack