Request for L & R mouse button mapping

Hotdognz

Request for L & R mouse button mapping

Post by Hotdognz »

Jim just a request/feture that maybe can be looked at for future Track IR GX softwear.

In some games like Aces High & Gunship you need to hold down a mouse button for the mouse to become active for views, now if you have a fancy Hotas such as the Cougar well its easy to get around by programming the press & hold of either mouse button via a hat or switch on the cougar. If you cant do this with your stick then you are stuck holding down either the L or R mouse button manually.

Could there be a option in the softwear that would enable a user to specify that either the R or L mouse button is held down in there saved profile these radio switches could be in the same section as the "Key Actvated" area, of course this would have to be then switched on in the game as it would play merry hell with the mouse on the desktop, this could be done by haveing a key assignment to switch the mouse button held keys on/off under the HOT KEY area. I think this would help users a lot and add a great option to Track IR, plus it would free up another switch on my Cougar (not that I need it)

Salute
TDog

Re: Request for L & R mouse button mapping

Post by TDog »

Excellent idea! View panning in the 3D cockpit in Falcon 4 requires the right button be pressed.
Cello

Post by Cello »

Hey

Very good Idea: No more holding and wasting a button on my hotas. Plus add POV Support and this device rocks even more than it does allready!!!

Best regards, Cello
Jim

Post by Jim »

Guys:

Does this sound right?: we make a HotKey that turns on/off "hold right mouse button down". So when you get into the game you press the key and the right mouse button is selected, when you exit the game you hit the button again and it will let up on the mouse button.

Please feel free to refine this description, as I will try and get this in the next release.
Hotdognz

Post by Hotdognz »

Thats it Jim, you set up the option for another 2 hotkeys in the Track Ir softwear just like you have for Rclick & Lclick of the mouse buttons but when your in a game and press the hotkey you have assigned to these 2 new options for either the L or R mouse button it will stay pressed untill you press the hotkey again to release it, this will enable games which require the R or L mouse button to be held to use mouse viewing in the game easier to use with Track IR as the player wont have to hold the mouse button down (Track IR softwear is doing the work now) or set up his joystick to hold the mouse button down (only Cougars can do this).

Cheers