Sensitivity controllable from within game

John Nunez

Sensitivity controllable from within game

Post by John Nunez »

Firstly, apologies if this has been suggested already, or is already planned for the new software.

As I was coming in to land on the carrier in Janes F-18 , it occurred that it would be extremely useful to have a hotkey/ hotkeys which would let me change the sensitivity in-game. So, for instance, a key could be assigned which would halve then return the sensitivity to normal alternately. This would be very useful for landings, mid-air refueling and situations where only slight head movement is required.
Jim

Re: Sensitivity controllable from within game

Post by Jim »

Hello:

This hasn't been suggested before, or I haven't seen the suggestion yet. I think this is doable, and we will have a feature called Precision Mode, where you hit a hotkey to slow down the scaling by a factor of 10 for precise movement control. Is this what you want or the other way around? Perhaps in 2.1 we can add in a slider that will let you set the Precision Mode scaling factor. I like the idea.
Hotdognz

Post by Hotdognz »

Wow what a great idea, I think the slider option would be cool Jim as this would allow the user to set a second level to there likeing for the fine head control, this would also be usefull on games like IL2, Strike Fighters in fact any combat flightsim where a finer control could be used when landing/shooting at enemy planes and such.
Darksharp

Post by Darksharp »

This would be very beneficial in First person and Third person action/RPG games too.
Jim

Post by Jim »

Hello:

Okay, we all discussed it and Precision Mode is in 2.0, with the ability to make it momentary or a toggle. In the next rev. we will make it a second alternate profile, think of it as a Precision profile, that you can enable with a Hotkey, so you can switch between it and your main profile on the fly. Should be a great addition for FPS.
Darksharp

Post by Darksharp »

Great news. Thanks Jim and NaturalPoint Staff.
John Nunez

Post by John Nunez »

Thank you - looking forward to the new software.
Charlie251

Post by Charlie251 »

Yes, this will be most excellent!

I can see another huge jump in my "happiness" factor with TrackIR when this is implimented.

No longer will I have to pause TIR completly when about to fire in IL-2. It was always annoying having to pause it during that because slight view changes are still very needed at that stage. Being able to scale it back by x% would be awesome.