Bind Mouse Cursor to TIR

TailFlamer

Bind Mouse Cursor to TIR

Post by TailFlamer »

Hi all

Over at SimHQ the news of TIR 5 was posted.
A question came up about what improvements might it bring.

I posted one I have thought about for a very long time, but never asked about it here.
This is just a cut/paste form my reply:
---------------------
One thing that would be nice.
A hotkey to enable the mouse cursor to move with the view and then be able to activate a switch on the panel with a mpped button on a joystick.

In other words, to be able to hit the 'bind mouse to TIR' hot key and the cursor appears in the center of the screen. You look down at a switch on the panel and center the cursor over the switch using TIR, not the actual mouse. Then hit another joystick button to activate the switch. No need to touch the mouse at all.

The thread is here: http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/t ... ost2714385
---------------------
As far as I know, this isn't possible with TIR 4. And if TIR 5 is right around the corner, unless it is something someone else has requested, or the devs thought of, I doubt it will be part of TIR 5. But maybe something like this could be in the next version.

It might not worth the effort though. Not many flight sims have clickable cockpits, but it could have other uses too, I imagine. But for sims with clickable pits, this certainly would be a useful feature. It is a pure pain in the butt to try to look at a switch, then center the mouse over it, then click on it just right to activate, all while trying to fly an approach. For years I have wished I could do this through TIR alone.

I probably should have ask this long ago, but to be honest I was gun shy. I remember catching a lot of flak back when I starting asking about adding support for TIR in race sims. Even though most people don't use TIR in race sims, I do. Thank you for doing that for those of us that do use it.

Hopefully something like what I'm asking for here can be done too, sometime.
Seth Steiling

Re: Bind Mouse Cursor to TIR

Post by Seth Steiling »

Hi TailFlamer,

Thanks for the input. You're correct that we're not going to have time to add any new features to the software that's already en route, but it's great to get feature requests like this, as it gives us something to chew on for future projects. I don't believe we've received this request before, so it's not going to be in the upcoming software, but I'll forward it on to our developers and see what they think.

-Seth
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack
TailFlamer

Re: Bind Mouse Cursor to TIR

Post by TailFlamer »

Thank you.