Have you ever thought to....

Charlie251

Have you ever thought to....

Post by Charlie251 »

Seeing as how youre already dealing with IR integration, have you ever though of a remote control accessory?

Basically a device, exactly like a remote control, that you could use to control all sorts of Windows settings. Something you could control with it would be the windows volume slider bars for speakers and microphones.... no more digging through the control panel to make slight tweaks. You could even put a track ball on the bottom of it to use as a "wireless mouse" kind of deal.

The hardware aspect of it should not be to challenging. The technology for remotes and whatnot have been out for ages.

The hard part would be in the software. Basically how to integrate it so that the program itself has access to low level windows functions, such as changing the volume. Actually, this shouldnt be to hard either (but what do I know about that?!?!?).

Basically, a remote platform that send signals to the TIR unit that can be fully mapped via software control.

Push the A button = Launch IL-2
Push the B Button = Select Speaker Volume (then hit the up arrow to raise it, ect)

Just trying to think of new things.

Terry
VR Enterprises
Jim

Re: Have you ever thought to....

Post by Jim »

Hello:

Like the idea, and we do have a somewhat similar product in the smart-NAV line, a Wand Interface, but that is just for controlling the cursor from a long distance.

Remotes are very easy to do, the module is about $3, but notice I said the module. You have to use a IR module, not a camera, for IR signals. They run at a carrier frequency of 44Khz, if I remember right, and our device runs at 60Hz, so we can't see the pulses change.

Thanks for the idea.