Pov Hat

gaming247

Pov Hat

Post by gaming247 »

Why can�t trackIR emulate a Joystick Pov hat ?
Then nearly every game would support it ?
Is there a special problem in doing it ?
snake122

Re: Pov Hat

Post by snake122 »

Part of the problem with hat emulation is that you would then have an extra game controller so any game you would use it in would have to support input from more than one controller. But I still agree it would be nice to have in our toybox!
gaming247

Post by gaming247 »

that�s right..... but i can�t thing of any game that doesn�t support more than one device !
gaming247

Post by gaming247 »

ok F4. But Falcon is quiete old. The new Games almost all support more joysticks.

So that�s no reason not to implement it.
I was just wondering if it is a technical problem
Jim

Post by Jim »

Hello:

We haven't tried this, but I am sure that we could make it work in software. We are trying to shy away from supporting, what is in our view, legacy viewing systems like hat POV. The whole idea of the trackIR is to have a very immersive 3D viewing experience and the hat view would be limiting this. We also understand the need to get the most value possible out of your trackIR, so we will write the idea on the board and see what happens!
Hotdognz

Post by Hotdognz »

Falcon 4 only supports 1 device, unless a second device is pluged in through the first one, like rudder peddles.

So TIR as a HAT wouldnt work in F4
gaming247

Post by gaming247 »

i know u are a small company and u are working very hard.
of course a dll file or mouse view is the best solution. I was just curious if it was a technical problem.

It would be nice to see pov hat emulation as a feature beside keymapping and mouseview. But it isn�t that important yet.

Can�t wait to test version 2.0. Thx for your great support.