Profile Store + Key Assignment Questions

grover

Profile Store + Key Assignment Questions

Post by grover »

First I would like to say how awesome the TrackIR is. Ive only had it for just over a week but I cant believe how awesome it is.

I was wondering if you had thought about having a file store here where people could share thier profiles. I havent had much time to create profiles, and being able to use other peoples without reinventing the wheel would be awesome, as would a convenient place to find them.

Secoundly, I have had problems altering the Hot Keys, and was wondering if if it would be possible in future software revisions to allow using Shift+"key" as the hotkeys and not have them fully take over a key. Some games like Janes F18 need so many keys mapped, 4 or 5 keys (which translates to at least 16 different combinations) can be a pain.

Thanks. Your guys support of the product really rocks.
Jim

Re: Profile Store + Key Assignment Questions

Post by Jim »

Hello:

Glad to hear that you like your trackIR!

We are working on a way to allow people to share profiles, haven't come up with any good software to allow that yet, ideas welcome at this point.

We are working on a new version of the keyboard driver, should be done soon. It will be more flexible than this version and might have Shift+key allowed.
grover

Re: Profile Store + Key Assignment Questions

Post by grover »

Thanks for the response Jim. How about allowing people to email thier profiles and you host them on the site? You could specify formats and request readme files with each. Bandwidth would be bugger all.