How about a different kind of a dead zone?

Charvel

Re: How about a different kind of a dead zone?

Post by Charvel »

Personally, I'd prefer to have the option of using a motion relative deadzone as opposed to the current absolute one which only works in the centre. I'm not sure I get why a circular DZ makes much difference than a square one but anyway...

I wonder if it would be practical or feasible to have the deadzone work so that when you stop moving your head, ie to look at an object out of the side window, it stays dead until you move your head again. The slower your head movement the bigger the dead zone centred around where you happen to be looking.

I know this sounds a bit like mouse acceleration but I'm not sure it would be like that exactly. It would just be nice for the view to be as still out the side of the cockpit as it is in front with the stationary deadzone.
AndyHill

Post by AndyHill »

Chavrel�s suggestion suonds kind of interesting and if it isn�t too difficult to implemet I�d at least like to try it out.

However, I think you misunderstood my suggestion; it�s not a difference between a circular and square dead zone but actually between a circular and a cross-shaped dead zone.
grantikins

Post by grantikins »

I know it's not about square or round, I was only makeing a suggestion that, if circular more difficult to implement than square.

I'm still not sure if Jim understands That the dead zone goes the full length of both axis, and when the dead zone is set large up to 10 with the the speed slider on zero it affects the panning out site the Dead zone where the X and Y axis's meet. I only say that because of lack of dialogue after his comments. No disrespect intended
AndyHill

Post by AndyHill »

Maybe they�re just too busy implementing the feature to comment it on the message boards? That would be kind of nice.