reinstate the keyboard emulation

al21

reinstate the keyboard emulation

Post by al21 »

Actually I read about the feature request from sone of the review out there.

After playing with TrackIR awhile I do appreciate the immersion that it add to the sims---only those sims that support enhanced mode !

If the keyboard command emulation is back, I can map those view commands to my head movement and that means even older (but still great) game like F22 TAW can benefit from TrackIR too. Not to mention F4 in 2D cockpit!!

Other requests that I would like to make are:

1. be able to assign any key combination for controlling the TrackIR so that no key conflict happens.

2. Make an auto-loader function not just exclusive to games with enhanced mode support, but to whatever game that a profile has been assigned for.

3. If Naturalpoint can get more FPS to offer the dll support (such that enhanced mode can be implemented) or just make a generic wrapper that wraps mouselook command to enhanced mode command, that would be a godsend!!

Just imagine you can use head to look around and aim while your mouse is used for controlling your virtual body's direction of movement, how cool it will be!!

Pls make'em a reality!! Thx!
Jim

Re: reinstate the keyboard emulation

Post by Jim »

Hello:

Thanks for the great feedback on the trackIR.

You can get a 3rd party keymapper utility from this thread:

http://forums.naturalpoint.com/cgi-bin/ ... 4;t=000007

We are working closely with FPS game developers to add the ability to move the view seperatley from aiming, it would be very cool indeed.
al21

Post by al21 »

Hey Jim,
Don't forget about another big genre to explore----driving siim! Just imagine you can look around in the exotic cockpit of yr Lamborghini in the next release of Need for Speed!
Halstead York

Post by Halstead York »

quote:Originally posted by al21:
Hey Jim,
Don't forget about another big genre to explore----driving siim! Just imagine you can look around in the exotic cockpit of yr Lamborghini in the next release of Need for Speed! There will be trackIR Enhanced support in near future releases of Live for Speed and Racer, and we hope to have more driving sim related announcements in the future.
Heyvern

Post by Heyvern »

I simply *MUST* agree that the BUILT IN key-mapper *NEEDS* to be added back in.

I use the arrow keys in Operation Flashpoint Helo flying for scrolling my view left/right/up/down. BUT without that keymapper function, I can't map the arrow keys to move my view around.

PLEASE add the key-mapper function back!!!

-Vern
snake122

Post by snake122 »

quote:Originally posted by Jim Richardson:
Hello:

Thanks for the great feedback on the trackIR.

You can get a 3rd party keymapper utility from this thread:

http://forums.naturalpoint.com/cgi-bin/ ... 4;t=000007

Jim,
Kx2us's flile that's in that thread is not a keymapper, it's an enhanced mode support .exe that uses Falcon 4's shared memory to control the 3d cockpit inside Falcon only. It won't be of use in F22 TAW or even in the 2D cockpit of Falcon 4, or any other game that neeeds keymapping. I've been trying to convince Kx2us to improve his older keymapper program that could be of use in all these old games that people want support for, right now though, he thinks he has a better solution that would be harder to implement but more powerful. We'll see, I'm hoping he can come up with something. Having awesome view control in half of Falcon is driving me nuts since we're so close to full Track IR goodness!
Loffy

Post by Loffy »

Yes please a keymapper would be wonderfull.

When I purcased this I was under the impression that it had a working keymapper, but no.. Its been a shelf warmer ever since I bought it.
snake122

Post by snake122 »

Sorry guys, but it doesn't seem like it's gonna happen any time soon unless Natural[point fixes their old one. Kx2us is working on a solution in Falcon for the 2D cockpit the last time we talked, but it seems that it will be very game specific. His enhanced mode suport that Jim posted here works great for Falcon but it is nowhere near a keymapping program. I agree that a good keymapper would be great for those games out there that can't support ehanced mode. Lofty you should give yourself a treat and buy a game like IL-2:FB and see what this enhanced mode is alll about. While you won't be able to use it in your game of choice, you'll at least see the potential Track IR has.
froggy.sim-fr

Post by froggy.sim-fr »

Interresting posts : but consumer don't buy a potential but a working product...
Such a wonderfull product
should
have all developpers hard working on that problem : essentially because it will enlarge your public and drop your sells !
snake122

Post by snake122 »

quote:Originally posted by froggy.sim-fr:
Interresting posts : but consumer don't buy a potential but a working product...
Such a wonderfull product
should
have all developpers hard working on that problem : essentially because it will enlarge your public and drop your sells !I'm not sure if you are blaming the guys for buying a TrackIR when it doesn't have keymapping Froggy, excuse me if you aren't. But if you are , many of us bought the TrackIR back before GX 2.x where keymapping was a supported but broken feature. Many of these games that would use keymapping are no longer being developed or supported so Enhanced mode can't be added to them and Naturalpoint has had too many problems with it to want to fix the keymapping.