unlocked edit points on Y- axis please

nimrod

unlocked edit points on Y- axis please

Post by nimrod »

If you intend doing an updated user interface would it be possiable to move the edit points on the Y- axis independantly, possiably click and drag?. The reason I ask, coming from a mostly FB background, when looking up and down I would like less speed and movement when looking inside the cockpit but still have plenty when looking up and outside during dogfights etc etc, is this possiable without too much effort or strain on your part. Otherwise I'm thrilled with my Track-IR and couldn't or should I say wouldn't fly without it.

Cheers for a great product and great product support
Nimrod
LLv24_Miika

Re: unlocked edit points on Y- axis please

Post by LLv24_Miika »

I second that!

Asymmetric curves for Y-axis is exactly what we need.

I have also mentioned this in the dead zone -topic.

Miika

[ May 13, 2003, 09:39 AM: Message edited by: LLv24_Miika ]
Jim

Post by Jim »

Guys:

I think that you can already do this. Just unlink the X and Y axis, then ungroup the edit points and you can create individual X and Y motion profiles. Let me know if I am not getting it.
nimrod

Post by nimrod »

Jim, I just had a look but either I'm missing something or else the feature is not present. I have made my own profile and I'm quite happy in how that works however with reguards to the Y-axis from the center point when looking down I would like only a small / slow amount of movement but from the center of the Y-axis to the top I would like to have the oppertunity to set a different, asymmetrical profile in order to look up and outside the cockpit with a quicker speed. This I believe would require the possiability of being able to click and drag the small yellow pointers on the Y-axis seperatly to one another prior to setting the speed. I hope this helps to explain

Yours sincerely Mowgali

[ May 14, 2003, 01:28 PM: Message edited by: nimrod ]
LLv24_Miika

Post by LLv24_Miika »

After unlinking X/Y and ungroupping the edit points:

The negative and positive value of an axis move always together, making the curve symmetric around zero.

Here are the two ideas what I'm looking for:

The red dot would help to understand how the curve modification works. Similar functionality can be found in IL2/Forgotten battles: joystick sensitivies; also some game controllers provide this kind of functionality/interface/display.

Miika

[ May 14, 2003, 08:40 AM: Message edited by: LLv24_Miika ]
nimrod

Post by nimrod »

Jim, just a thought, in order to implement this feature, would it be possiable to have the center of the " edit point" slider represent zero and moveing the blue button to the left would represent edit point 0 to -50 and moveing the button to the right 0 to +50 from this central position, cheers. Sorry, probably very obvious, I just wanted to put in my tuppence worth ( dime's worth ? )

Mowgali
Jim

Post by Jim »

Hello:

Okay, thanks for the more detailed explanation. We were never sure that users would want to define their worlds in this way, so we didn't add the capability in. I think that we can add it for future releases. I will work with Birch on it.
LLv24_Miika

Post by LLv24_Miika »

Great! Looking forward to see the results!

Miika