Get Microsoft to add this as a DX hook!

Mr_Q

Get Microsoft to add this as a DX hook!

Post by Mr_Q »

It would really solve alot of issues if Natural Point folks could strike a deal with Microsoft to get this as a standard protocal for Direct Input. Then the hook would be there for any developer to add it!

No more buggin NP to kick out .dlls for new games. Plus, heaven forbid, NP went out of biz we would not all be left hanging.

I.E.
"I am making a new game. Oh look, a head tracking DX hook, okay I'll add it in"

That easy.
777 Burnin AVG

Re: Get Microsoft to add this as a DX hook!

Post by 777 Burnin AVG »

quote:Originally posted by Mr_Q:
It would really solve alot of issues if Natural Point folks could strike a deal with Microsoft to get this as a standard protocal for Direct Input. Then the hook would be there for any developer to add it!

No more buggin NP to kick out .dlls for new games. Plus, heaven forbid, NP went out of biz we would not all be left hanging.

I.E.
"I am making a new game. Oh look, a head tracking DX hook, okay I'll add it in"

That easy.I second that motion!

BV
Dubble0zero

Post by Dubble0zero »

That's a really good idea...
Charlie251

Post by Charlie251 »

Ill add my name to the list....

Only problem is that MS has shown in the past that they dont give a crap about anything except themselves. They fail to realize that doing this would be better for them, NP, AND us!!

Halstead: Can you get us a snail mail address for MS game studio so that we can all write letters and bug them to do this? Snail mail is always better than email in a case like this.
Heyvern

Post by Heyvern »

quote:Originally posted by Charlie251:
Ill add my name to the list....

Only problem is that MS has shown in the past that they dont give a crap about anything except themselves. They fail to realize that doing this would be better for them, NP, AND us!!

Halstead: Can you get us a snail mail address for MS game studio so that we can all write letters and bug them to do this? Snail mail is always better than email in a case like this.Saying that Microsoft doesn't care is like saying the U.S. government is totally evil. Sorry, but it's just not true. Microsoft is a huge company with thousands of employees. Some of them care a LOT, and others don't care about their customers at all. The trick is finding the employees that DO care, and e-mailing and/or snail mailing them. Thus, your request for an Microsoft contact was an excellent one. Let's just hope someone responds with an contact so we can all request this feature.

-Vern.

[ September 18, 2003, 11:55 PM: Message edited by: Heyvern ]
Arcan

Post by Arcan »

...Sometimes I think how would be better the world without Windows...

...and Linux installed in our systems...