Button to FREEZE head position

JRH147

Button to FREEZE head position

Post by JRH147 »

Don't know if this has been requested yet or not - but I would love to have a feature where you could press a key (or button on your joystick) - to freeze your current head position.

In Forgotten Battles, when using the Gunsight View - I find it very difficult to hold my head still and consequently my accuracy suffers for it.

If in the next driver you could add a feature to FREEZE position (either a single key press (toggle) or even a button that will only freeze the position when held down (and back to normal operation after key is released) I would surely appreciate it!!

PS - TrackIR is the greatest invention of all time!
Magic Man

Re: Button to FREEZE head position

Post by Magic Man »

Can't you just use the enable/disable toggle?
JRH147

Post by JRH147 »

Perhaps - I'm not at my computer at home right now - where is this disable/enable toggle? Is it something I can hotkey...hmmm...I wonder why I never noticed this before...
TX-Raptor

Post by TX-Raptor »

You can map a hotkey to the precision function, this really decreases the sensitivity of your head movement, and makes it easy to stay in the zoomed gunsight

I have a MS FF2 stick and I have a button mapped to a key that is mapped to the precision mode in TIR, works great and will solve your problem.
JRH147

Post by JRH147 »

DUH......don't know why I didn't see that before - mods please place this under the category RTFM....

Thanks Raptor....Precision mode works great.
TX-Raptor

Post by TX-Raptor »

No Problem
I took me awhile to get it all working just right, but once you get it down it's great