TrackIR5 firmware request for linux drivers development

Adun

TrackIR5 firmware request for linux drivers development

Post by Adun »

Good day!
There is open source project to add tracking capabilities for linux http://code.google.com/p/linux-track/ that supports TrackIR4 but now I develop support for TrackIR5
so you (naturalpoint) gave some guy (Tulth) firmware that placed here http://media.naturalpoint.com/software/ ... g_data.tgz but with TrackIR5 it doesn't work. So maybe you give me firmware for TrackIR5?
Thanx in advance
Bye
Birch

Re: TrackIR5 firmware request for linux drivers development

Post by Birch »

Hello,

The file we are hosting was generated by the TrackIR on linux project and not by NaturalPoint, but did contain information copyrighted by NaturalPoint. If a similar file is generated by the TrackIR on linux project for a TrackIR 5, then we will host it as well.
Adun

Post by Adun »

Ok I use Device monitoring Studio to sniff usb packets ( sorry but you don't provide linux support) and when device is started application must send 14 00 to 0x82 address and stop 14 01 to 0x82 address. I have only tir5. Could you please conform ( maybe in private mail) is it the same for tir4?
Could you please also describe me two modes of operation of tir5 - prescision and standart?
Skinny

Post by Skinny »

YEAY. Adun for president :)

Im so looking forward to this working. I'll try out the svn later this week, but will this driver only support X-Plane, or is there any chance of it working with other games, and more specifically, windows games running on wine (IL-2 & Co) ?

Anyway, best of luck, and I hope you get the needed support from naturalpoint and other coders/testest!
nokernel

Post by nokernel »

Adun, do you still put some time in getting the firmware up for tir5, or you are still waiting for information from naturalpoint?